Serif Software Digital Photo Suite 2009 offers photographers a set of simple and intuitive, if not particularly powerful, tools for organising and enhancing photos.
Digital Cameras - Reviews
By using what is called the Micro Four Thirds system, Panasonic has taken the D-SLR concept of removable lenses and combined it with the convenience of an advanced compact camera. The end result is the LUMIX DMC-G1K, which is as thin -- if not thinne...
It may not look like it at a glance, but the Olympus SP-565UZ has a 20x zoom lens with a maximum focal length of 520mm. It's aimed at users who want an advanced compact camera with a lot of range that won't cost a lot of money.
Fujjfilm’s Finepix F100fd is the latest, shiniest addition to the company's prolific compact camera range. Equipped with a Super CCD HR VIII sensor and boasting a resolution of 12 megapixels, it’s currently the top dog in the company’s advanced F ser...
Kodak's EasyShare W1020 boasts some fairly high-end features for a digital photo frame and it is worth the asking price.
Samsung’s L100 compact digital camera is aimed at novices, with an easy-to-use interface and a host of scene modes. It takes crisp photos, but colour accuracy is not fantastic. It is also missing a few features that would have enhanced picture qualit...
FujiFilm's FinePix 2000HD is a capable ultra-zoom, 10-megapixel camera for a casual user who isn't too concerned about image quality. It offers face detection and image stabilisation, and it can shoot video at a resolution of 1280x720 (720p).
Nikon’s CoolPix P6000 is a small and sturdy compact camera that harbours plenty of advanced features. It has a comprehensive manual mode, in-camera editing, face detection and the ability to shoot in RAW mode. But that’s just the start.
On paper, the M1093 IS has plenty of good features. It has a 10-megapixel sensor, optical image stabilisation and a host of manual shooting features.
If you're a photography nut who is pining for an easy-to-carry advanced compact camera that can do amazing things, the Canon PowerShot G10 needs to be on your Christmas list. It possesses a 28mm, 5x zoom lens and a 14-megapixel sensor, and it uses Ca...
Kodak's Easyshare Z1015 features a 15x optical zoom, advanced shooting features and all the bells and whistles you expect from an advanced compact camera. It is a relatively strong performer, although its images suffer from some annoying flaws.
The long-awaited successor to LG's previous flagship model, the Viewty, the Renoir picks up where the Viewty left off by adding even more features to an already well-rounded package. Sporting a whopping 8-megapixel camera with Xenon flash, as well as...
Jumping onboard the touch-screen bandwagon is Nikon with its latest compact camera, the CoolPix S60. Featuring a touch-screen control setup along with the traditional slim Nikon design, this unit is a solid camera that takes good snaps and operates q...
The Ferrari of Canon's already stellar compact camera line-up, the PowerShot SX1 IS pretty much does it all. Not only does it feature a mammoth 20x optical zoom and a 28mm, wide-angle lens, but it can also record Full HD 1080p video footage — m...
Similar in many ways to the CoolPix S610 that we recently reviewed, the Nikon CoolPix S610c has the same pros and cons as its cheaper brother but comes with wireless connectivity as an added bonus. Its images are good without being great and its feat...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- Camera app makers tap into RAW power with iOS, and look forward to dual lenses
- Google Camera 3.2 lets you snap pictures while recording video
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Sony α7S II aimed film-makers and low light photographers
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTIT Service Desk Manager - Team LeaderNSW
- FTWFM Support Analyst (Kronos)NSW
- CCServer SOE EngineerACT
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaACT
- FTDeveloper - Python, Ruby, or PerlQLD
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTOperations OrchestrationVIC
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical SpecialistACT
- FTHRIS Systems Support Analyst (Kronos)NSW
- FTPayroll Systems AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Project Manager - Life InsuranceNSW
- CCBusiness Project Manager - ApplicationsNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTFirewall EngineerNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- CC.Net DeveloperQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst (Mid-level)VIC
- CCDelivery Project ManagerVIC
- FTHealthcare Application Integration Support - Brisbane BasedWA
- CCSenior UNIX AdministratorNSW
- FTSAP Solution ArchitectsACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst Forecaster - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTLevel 3 Application Support AnalystVIC
- FTDesktop Support/ Field Services EngineerQLD