Canon has announced its new top-of-the-line entry-level digital SLR camera, the Canon EOS 600D. It has a whopping 18-megapixel CMOS sensor and uses Canon's DIG!C 4 image processor.
Digital Cameras - News
Digital camera manufacturer Canon has announced the production of its 60 millionth lens for the EF digital SLR camera mount. These lenses, for Canon's EOS range of film and digital SLR cameras, have been produced since 1987.
A Flickr user says the site accidentally deleted his account -- with more than 4,000 photos on it - and can't recover it.
From the looks of them, two new Sony Cyber-shot cameras announced today will be among the league leaders in point-and-shoot versatility when they become available in April.
Maybe you have a dusty shoebox of old slides, or perhaps you're an aficionado of film photography and have a pile of negatives.
Ricoh has just announced the launch of its new CX5 compact camera, which replaces the CX4. The CX5 has a 10-megapixel CMOS sensor, a 10.7x zoom lens with a range of 28-300mm and it includes new scene modes as well as a new 'hybrid' autofocus system. ...
This year's Consumer Electronics Show attracted around 140,000 people, easily surpassing pre-show estimates and beating the two prior events, the event's organizers said late Sunday.
Almost a year to the day since Polaroid said it was signing on Lady Gaga as its creative director, the popular singer unveiled on Thursday the fruits of her labor at the imaging company.
At CES in Las Vegas, Olympus got off to a hot start by announcing two new digital cameras that are among the most interesting we've seen at the show so far. The fixed-lens Olympus XZ-1 is a high-end pocket camera that offers full manual controls and ...
Olympus announced today that it will launch a new Micro Four Thirds-based digital camera -- the Olympus PEN E-PL2 -- in February.
Canon has announced three new PowerShot digital cameras: the A3200 IS, A2200 and A1200. The three PowerShot A-Series cameras can record HD footage and will be available in Australia in February/March.
CES never fails to disappoint
If you're too time-starved to visit a shop to get your photos printed, many retailers have online services that will do the same job and save you time. We take a look at some of the options on offer for Australians.
A cryptographic system used by Canon to ensure that digital images haven't been altered is flawed and can't be fixed, according to a Russian security company that specializes in encryption.
Panasonic is expanding its Lumix digital camera brand to cell phones and will unveil its first "Lumix Phone" at next week's Ceatec electronics show in Japan, the company said Friday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- Camera app makers tap into RAW power with iOS, and look forward to dual lenses
- Google Camera 3.2 lets you snap pictures while recording video
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Sony α7S II aimed film-makers and low light photographers
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTHealthcare Application Integration Support - Brisbane BasedWA
- FTSecurity ConsultantVIC
- FTField Engineer - Hardware RolloutsNSW
- CCResource AnalystNSW
- CCChange AnalystQLD
- FTWindows Dev Ops EngineerNSW
- FTUser Support AnalystNSW
- FTProject Manager - Data MigrationNSW
- FTInfrastructure Architect - UrgentSA
- FTVDI EngineerACT
- TPProgram Manager - 12 month contractQLD
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- FTTechnical LeadVIC
- FTAsst. Director - Claim Analysis. Work Location - CanberraACT
- FTIntegration DeveloperWA
- FTProject Engineer - Newcastle BasedNSW
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- CCApplication Developer - Datastage & SQL ServerVIC
- FTApplication Support Analyst - Accounting SoftwareNSW
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- FTCampaign ManagerNSW
- FTContracts ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Full Stack Web DeveloperACT
- FTBusiness AnalystACT