Google released its Chrome operating system last week to a great deal of hoopla and debate — depending on your point of view, it was either the Next Big Thing or Much Ado About Nothing.
Desktop PCs - Reviews
Medion's akoya P4010 (MD 8850) all-in-one touch-screen PC is a Christmas present the whole family will enjoy. This PC, which can be picked up at ALDI supermarkets, has a Full HD, 21.5in screen, plenty of RAM, a decent CPU and all the features you nee...
CPL (Computer & Parts Land) has produced an Intel Core i5-based system that's far from ordinary. It looks badass thanks to the Cooler Master Storm Scout case, and its performance is impressive. It offers a glut of features for a competitive price of ...
Centre Com's Sphere i5 Basic is a desktop PC that's fairly nondescript on the outside. It's built using a run-of-the-mill Cooler Master mid-tower ATX case, which has plenty of room for expansion but definitely won't stand out in a crowd. The most imp...
Alienware's Aurora ALX is a gaming PC with plenty of speed, flair and attitude. It's the sort of system that polarises people. Some will love its audacious design and extravagance -- such as automatically opening air vents — others will mutter ...
Dell's Studio XPS 8000 is designed for home users who want a powerful PC that can be used for almost any type of task. It features the latest in Intel processing technology and the latest in Dell case design.
Dell's Studio One 19 is an all-in-one touch-screen PC that's designed for family use. It's a fast PC that's suitable for everyday work such as Web browsing, editing photos and creating documents, and it can be used for taxing tasks such video editing...
Epson's Stylus Office TX610FW inkjet multifunction offers plenty of features including Wi-Fi and a fax, plus its low consumable costs are certainly a boon for small business users. The low asking price of $249 makes this an affordable printer but the...
The Dell Inspiron 545s is a slimline desktop PC designed to give your peers and workmates fashion envy. Sleek, shiny and aggressively colourful, it falls into the same ‘look at me’ camp as Apple’s curvier offerings. It will serve as an office desktop...
We admit it: we're a little bit in love with the HP TouchSmart PC IQ545A. Like the HP TouchSmart PC IQ500 and the HP TouchSmart IQ518, it's an all-in-one PC with a 22in LCD touch screen.
Acer's Aspire M3800 is a media centre PC with good looks and fast performance. It's suitable for anyone who wants more than just a basic PC. With it, not only can you run your favourite office applications, you can also run Windows Media Centre to wa...
MSI's Wind Top AE1900 (model number MS-6638) is an all-in-one PC with an 18.5in touch screen. It has an Intel Atom CPU (the same type of processor used in netbooks), so it's not very powerful, but it can be used for basic tasks such as word processin...
Dell’s behemoth XPS 730x gaming PC is overkill. Two video cards, water cooling, a mammoth processor, 6GB of RAM and a garish full tower case combine to make a machine that will handle any recent game thrown at it, and its performance was excellent du...
Dell's OptiPlex 760 is a small form factor desktop PC aimed at business users. It has limited expansion options but won't take up too much desk space. This PC provides plenty of power but maintenance is more difficult than with other small form facto...
Lenovo's ThinkCentre 58p Small Form Factor is a business-oriented desktop PC that's quick, expandable, won't take up too much space on a desk, and features Intel vPro technology, which facilitates remote management.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Qualcomm: First Windows 10 ARM PC coming in the fourth quarter
- User-created patch lets Kaby Lake and Ryzen PCs receive Windows 7 updates
- Samsung DeX turns your Galaxy S8 into a shockingly good desktop PC
- Intel scraps annual IDF event as it looks beyond PCs
- HP rises again to be the world's top PC maker as Lenovo slips
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaACT
- TPBusiness Analyst (BI Focus)WA
- CCResource AnalystNSW
- FTPHP DeveloperNSW
- TPPMO LeadNSW
- CCSenior Domain ArchitectVIC
- TPLinux System AdministratorQLD
- CCTraining Lead - TelcoVIC
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW
- FTPMO Project Analytics and Tools ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCFull Stack Developers x4!QLD
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectQLD
- FTProject Manager (Cyber Security) - Permanent - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystACT
- FTUX DesignerNSW
- FTDesktop Support/ Field Services EngineerQLD
- CCDocument ControllerNSW
- FTOracle E-Business Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTIntegration DeveloperWA
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- FTFinance AnalystNSW