Google released its Chrome operating system last week to a great deal of hoopla and debate — depending on your point of view, it was either the Next Big Thing or Much Ado About Nothing.
Desktop PCs - Reviews
Medion's akoya P4010 (MD 8850) all-in-one touch-screen PC is a Christmas present the whole family will enjoy. This PC, which can be picked up at ALDI supermarkets, has a Full HD, 21.5in screen, plenty of RAM, a decent CPU and all the features you nee...
CPL (Computer & Parts Land) has produced an Intel Core i5-based system that's far from ordinary. It looks badass thanks to the Cooler Master Storm Scout case, and its performance is impressive. It offers a glut of features for a competitive price of ...
Centre Com's Sphere i5 Basic is a desktop PC that's fairly nondescript on the outside. It's built using a run-of-the-mill Cooler Master mid-tower ATX case, which has plenty of room for expansion but definitely won't stand out in a crowd. The most imp...
Alienware's Aurora ALX is a gaming PC with plenty of speed, flair and attitude. It's the sort of system that polarises people. Some will love its audacious design and extravagance -- such as automatically opening air vents — others will mutter ...
Dell's Studio XPS 8000 is designed for home users who want a powerful PC that can be used for almost any type of task. It features the latest in Intel processing technology and the latest in Dell case design.
Dell's Studio One 19 is an all-in-one touch-screen PC that's designed for family use. It's a fast PC that's suitable for everyday work such as Web browsing, editing photos and creating documents, and it can be used for taxing tasks such video editing...
Epson's Stylus Office TX610FW inkjet multifunction offers plenty of features including Wi-Fi and a fax, plus its low consumable costs are certainly a boon for small business users. The low asking price of $249 makes this an affordable printer but the...
The Dell Inspiron 545s is a slimline desktop PC designed to give your peers and workmates fashion envy. Sleek, shiny and aggressively colourful, it falls into the same ‘look at me’ camp as Apple’s curvier offerings. It will serve as an office desktop...
We admit it: we're a little bit in love with the HP TouchSmart PC IQ545A. Like the HP TouchSmart PC IQ500 and the HP TouchSmart IQ518, it's an all-in-one PC with a 22in LCD touch screen.
Acer's Aspire M3800 is a media centre PC with good looks and fast performance. It's suitable for anyone who wants more than just a basic PC. With it, not only can you run your favourite office applications, you can also run Windows Media Centre to wa...
MSI's Wind Top AE1900 (model number MS-6638) is an all-in-one PC with an 18.5in touch screen. It has an Intel Atom CPU (the same type of processor used in netbooks), so it's not very powerful, but it can be used for basic tasks such as word processin...
Dell’s behemoth XPS 730x gaming PC is overkill. Two video cards, water cooling, a mammoth processor, 6GB of RAM and a garish full tower case combine to make a machine that will handle any recent game thrown at it, and its performance was excellent du...
Dell's OptiPlex 760 is a small form factor desktop PC aimed at business users. It has limited expansion options but won't take up too much desk space. This PC provides plenty of power but maintenance is more difficult than with other small form facto...
Lenovo's ThinkCentre 58p Small Form Factor is a business-oriented desktop PC that's quick, expandable, won't take up too much space on a desk, and features Intel vPro technology, which facilitates remote management.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HP reboots Omen desktop with more of what gamers love
- Intel's modular Compute Card puts a PC in your pocket
- Dell’s Inspiron 27 7000 is the first Ryzen All-in-One PC, and it's upgradable too
- Nvidia's new generation of powerful GeForce GTX Battlebox PCs finally embraces AMD
- The Pi Desktop kit transforms your Raspberry Pi into a stylish, SSD-powered mini-PC
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ford Everest Trend RWD 3.2L Diesel review
- Ford Everest Trend in its natural habitat
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTTechnical Lead Front-endNSW
- FTPerformance TesterSA
- FTPHP Developer (Back-End Focus)QLD
- FTJunior-Mid level .Net/Front-End Developer (Brisbane)NSW
- FTSenior Recruitment Specialist |Other
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTService Desk EngineerNSW
- FTPHP DeveloperOther
- CCJunior - Mid-level Devops Consultant - BrisbaneNSW
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerOther
- CCJava Team LeaderQLD
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTInformation Security ArchitectOther
- FTService Desk OperatorsOther
- FTOrganizational Change ManagerACT
- FTNetwork and Security EngineerOther
- CCProject Coordinator - TelcoVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCPerformance Test EngineerQLD
- TPFunctional Analyst x 3VIC
- FTReporting AnalystSA
- CCInstructional DesignerNSW
- FTProject OfficerOther
- FTSenior Developer / Architect - PermanentWA