The Dell Inspiron One 2310 is an all-in-one desktop PC with a 23in, 1080p touchscreen, a fast Intel Core i5 processor, plenty of RAM, a dedicated 1GB ATI Radeon HD5470 graphics card and a 1TB, 7200RPM hard drive. It's got more than enough grunt to ha...
Desktop PCs - Reviews
The Dell Inspiron 580s is a mid-range multipurpose desktop PC that's in direct competition with Apple's low-end Mac Mini computer. The Inspiron 580s has the same price tag as the Mac Mini and comparable specifications. It's larger than the Mini, but ...
The HP Pro 3130 (WL831PA) is a desktop business PC that's small, quiet and simple, but lacks the grunt to tackle intensive tasks like video editing or graphics work. If all you need is a Web browsing and word processing machine then it will be up to ...
With prices starting around $2000 and reaching up to $7000, the performance PC category offers a wide range of speed and versatility, for most higher budgets. At just under US$3600, the midsize-tower variant of the Origin Genesis sits in the middle o...
Origin is a newcomer to the boutique PC vendor field -- sort of. Though the company is relatively young, it's manned by former Alienware bigwigs who thoroughly understand high-end PCs. And when the Origin Genesis arrived at the US PCWorld Labs in a 1...
Apple has updated its range of iMac desktop computers, with faster processors and better graphics the order of the day. The new iMac looks virtually identical to its predecessors, but the internal upgrades will keep most users happy -- though HDMI co...
HP touts its TouchSmart 9100 all-in-one touchscreen PC as being suitable for business users, rather than the home market. What we can glean from this is that the HP TouchSmart 9100 Business PC (WM112PA) can be used to give much more interactive and e...
Lenovo's ThinkCentre M90z is a 23in, all-in-one multi-touch touchscreen PC that's aimed at enterprise business users (unlike HP's TouchSmart PCs which are designed for home users). It doesn't look fancy, nor does it have a customised touchscreen inte...
The latest version of Apple's tiny PC -- the aptly named Mac Mini -- adds a much-requested HDMI connection, an aluminium, unibody enclosure and a removable panel that lets you upgrade its memory. The Mac Mini is a great option for a living room compu...
The Dell Studio XPS 8100 is a mid-range, all-purpose PC aimed at home users. It has a Core i5-650 processor, 4GB of DDR3 RAM, 1TB of hard drive space and an NVIDIA GTS 240 graphics card as standard. Dell's site allows you to customise the system's sp...
The Dell Precision T1500 is an Intel Core i7-based workstation aimed at professionals who use computer-aided design programs. You can get the T1500 in all sorts of configurations, ranging from an Intel Core i3-based system to a Core i7 one. Our revie...
The Medion AKOYA P4020 D is an all-in-one PC with a 21.5in Full HD 1080p touchscreen display. It will be sold in Aldi supermarkets from 10 June. Like the Dell Inspiron One 19 and HP TouchSmart 300-1060a, the AKOYA P4020 D has built-in wireless networ...
The Dell Vostro 320 is an all-in-one PC aimed at the business market. Our test PC had a dual-core Pentium Core 2 Duo E7400 processor running at 2.8GHz, 2GB of DDR2 memory, a 160GB hard drive and integrated Intel G41 graphics running its 19in 1440x900...
HP's Compaq 8100 Elite is a small form factor (SFF) PC aimed at business users who need to do more than just word processing and e-mail. There are plenty of connections and it has a well-designed interior that makes it an easy desktop PC to maintain ...
With an asking price of $799 (sans monitor), Medion's Akoya E4360 D desktop PC, which will be sold at Aldi supermarkets, is testament to the fact that you don’t have to spend big these days in order to get a computer that can do just about everything...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Qualcomm: First Windows 10 ARM PC coming in the fourth quarter
- User-created patch lets Kaby Lake and Ryzen PCs receive Windows 7 updates
- Samsung DeX turns your Galaxy S8 into a shockingly good desktop PC
- Intel scraps annual IDF event as it looks beyond PCs
- HP rises again to be the world's top PC maker as Lenovo slips
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTGraduate Technical ConsultantACT
- FTPMO Project Analytics and Tools ManagerNSW
- TPAutomation Test AnalystQLD
- FTWeb Developer | Parramatta | Initial 6 month contractNSW
- FTSenior Business Development Manager| SMSF/Accounting SoftwareNSW
- FTProject ManagerQLD
- CCNetwork Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)QLD
- FTSenior Functional Analyst - FinanceQLD
- CCDesktop Support/ Field Services EngineerQLD
- CCSoftware Licencing SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Process Specialist | ProcurementVIC
- FTIT ArchitectNSW
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieNSW
- TPProject Support AnalystNSW
- TPLevel 2-3 Helpdesk OfficerQLD
- CCOracle DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsSA
- FTERP Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSharepoint DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity Solutions Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- FTICT Relationship Manager - Service Delivery EnvironmentNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW