The Alienware Aurora represents a massive investment for a pre-built desktop PC, but it's an investment that should provide a solid computing foundation for at least the next three or four years (if not more).
Desktop PCs - Reviews
The Lenovo ThinkCentre M71e is a mini tower PC with a classy design that's not at all boring for an office. Indeed, it has a little more flair than a typical business-class machine (although some may argue this) and, most importantly, it possesses go...
Origin puts a lot of effort into the design and construction of its desktop PC systems, systems which are designed specifically to suit serious gamers and power users. The company pays attention to fine details so that when you pull your PC out of it...
For anyone who wants more than just a typical, boring old home computer, the HP TouchSmart 520-1010a is there for you. It's an all-in-one computer that's easy to set up and use, and it features a built-in 23in LCD touchscreen that gives you one more ...
No one really talks about desktop PCs anymore, but there are still quite a few kicking around. HP is still in the game, and the company's Pavilion HPE Phoenix model aims to please gamers and other users who have a thirst for power. It's not the type ...
There isn't an overwhelming choice in the Australian retail market anymore when it comes to cheap tower PCs. Most vendors are seemingly happy enough to offer all-in-one models instead. Come 28 July though, ALDI will once again be stocking one of Medi...
The Apple iMac has received some power and performance upgrades since its last model in mid-2010. It’s now got a second generation Intel Core i5 quad-core processor, some beefy graphics power and customisable options for plenty of memory and hard dri...
The Acer Revo 100 is a home-theatre PC that actually looks and feels like a home-theatre PC. It has a slim body that doesn't take up a lot of space and it contains only essential ports and slots, thereby making it look inconspicuous in a typical TV c...
Dell's XPS 8300 desktop PC is available with a Second Generation Intel Core i7 CPU and it can be used for practically any task, except hardcore gaming.
HP's TouchSmart series of PCs has been around for a while, and we've had fun playing with most of them. The HP TouchSmart 610-1030a aims to make the new-ish form factor even more fun to use by incorporating a new stand that allows the machine to be l...
Aldi supermarkets will be selling a brand new Medion PC on March 24: The Medion Akoya P5315 D (MD 8351). This Medion PC is small, yet packed with useful features and it only costs $599.
The performance desktop category plays host to all manner of pricey, powerful PCs. Despite being a relative newcomer to our rankings, Origin has fit right in, topping our charts and our benchmarks with premium components and generous overclocking. Th...
The Acer Aspire AZ3750 is an all-in-one desktop PC with a 21.5in Full HD 1080p screen, a 2.8GHz Intel Pentium G6950 processor, and a 500GB, 72000rpm hard drive. It is poor choice for gaming or processor-intensive tasks, but it's capable for standard ...
The MSI Wind Top AE2280 is an all-in-one desktop PC with a 21.5in, 1080p touchscreen, a fast Intel Core i5-650 processor, a 1GB ATI Mobility Radeon HD5430 graphics card, and a 640GB, 7200rpm hard drive. The AE2280 falls short when it comes to gaming,...
Dell's Inspiron 560 is one of the company's cheapest desktop PCs. The configuration we tested comes with very basic specifications, but includes a 18.5in Dell monitor -- so it's a simple computing package that doesn't require you to buy any extras. W...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Nvidia's new generation of powerful GeForce GTX Battlebox PCs finally embraces AMD
- The Pi Desktop kit transforms your Raspberry Pi into a stylish, SSD-powered mini-PC
- Acer's Aspire GX comes out of nowhere to be the first prebuilt Ryzen PC from a major vendor
- Qualcomm: First Windows 10 ARM PC coming in the fourth quarter
- User-created patch lets Kaby Lake and Ryzen PCs receive Windows 7 updates
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTSalesforce ConsultantQLD
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCVDI EngineerACT
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- FTProject Control Analyst - PMONSW
- FTService Implementation Manager BIMNSW
- FTSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- FTQlikview Developer | Contract 6-12mthVIC
- CCOracle CCB DesignerVIC
- CCUX DeveloperQLD
- TPSenior Web DeveloperQLD
- CCWintel Server EngineerNSW
- TPSenior Helpdesk Support OfficerQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCPega DeveloperNSW
- FTPeopleSoft Campus Solution ConsultantNSW
- CCGoogle Chromebook AdministratorNSW
- CCProject Manager Large ICT Enabled Business Change ProjectQLD
- FTInfrastructure EngineerACT