GlobalFoundries, the former manufacturing arm of rival Advanced Micro Devices, needs to pay Intel for a license to manufacture x86 processors, an Intel spokesman said Tuesday.
Desktop PCs - News
Google unveiled on Tuesday a new beta release of its Chrome browser, offering improvements in speed and capabilities, such as full page zoom.
Advanced Micro Devices agreed to an Intel offer to make public the terms of a cross-license agreement at the heart of a dispute between the two companies. But there's one condition: in return, AMD wants Intel to lift a demand that evidence submitted ...
Apple Inc.'s retail sales, which fell by more than 5% in January, plummeted nearly 17% in February compared with the same month in 2008 as the company's high prices continued to take a toll, research company The NPD Group Inc. said Tuesday.
Microsoft Corp. will deliver a release candidate of Windows 7 to the public in late May, according to a report from a noted Windows Web site.
Microsoft is disputing an attempt to reinstate class-action status to an ongoing lawsuit against its Windows Vista Capable sticker program, a case that threatens to drag on and is reflective of the difficulties Microsoft has encountered by releasing ...
A Windows 7 build that may be the first release candidate has leaked to the Internet, according to several file-sharing sites.
Dell has announced its Studio One 19 all-in-one desktop computer with a 19-inch screen and optional multi-touch capability.
New laptop and desktop designs are on tap as PC and hardware makers start tweaking components to take advantage of improved features in Microsoft's upcoming Windows 7 OS.
Mozilla's research arm wants to speed up tasks in Firefox that typically start with a blank tab, like searching, reading Web mail or navigating to a new site, a company official said Wednesday.
Microsoft patched the first critical vulnerability in Windows 7 Tuesday as it rolled out an update that fixes three flaws in the new operating system's kernel.
If the world doesn't yet need the performance of the forthcoming SATA 6Gb/s standard, it soon will, drive giant Seagate will set out to prove in a first ever public demo for the technology this week.
Microsoft next month plans to release a toolkit to help business customers begin testing their existing applications for compatibility with Windows 7.
About a year ago on its Redmond, Washington, campus, a member of Microsoft's Windows Vista team met with a group of journalists to face some tough questions about the OS.
Microsoft Friday confirmed that users will be able to remove Internet Explorer 8 (IE8), as well as several other integrated applications, from Windows 7.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Nvidia's new generation of powerful GeForce GTX Battlebox PCs finally embraces AMD
- The Pi Desktop kit transforms your Raspberry Pi into a stylish, SSD-powered mini-PC
- Acer's Aspire GX comes out of nowhere to be the first prebuilt Ryzen PC from a major vendor
- Qualcomm: First Windows 10 ARM PC coming in the fourth quarter
- User-created patch lets Kaby Lake and Ryzen PCs receive Windows 7 updates
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTMobile Apps TesterWA
- FTSenior Analyst - Rostering ProjectNSW
- CCWeb DesignerQLD
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- TPChange Management - Multi-stream people change program**NSW
- FTPHP DeveloperNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - Network and TelecommunicationsNSW
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- FTIntegration and Implementation SpecialistVIC
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCMDM DesignerVIC
- FTManager, DevOpsQLD
- TPData Migration LeadNSW
- FTProject Manager or Coordinator - Retail Store ProjectsNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerWA
- FTL&D Manager, Transformation Program in Finance ServicesNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - SalesforceVIC
- FTSupport Analyst - TallymanVIC
- TPIT Support AnalystNSW
- CCManaging Architect - Satellite - TelcoVIC
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksQLD
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW