Good Gear Guide was on the show floor at this year's Computex in Taiwan. We've put together this extensive slide show of interesting, quirky and downright-awesome gear.
Computex Taipei 2008 - News
Gigabyte recently announced at Computex that its proprietary Dual BIOS technology will be extended to every GIGABYTE motherboard with immediate effect. Dual BIOS provides a backup BIOS that automatically repairs or replaces the primary BIOS when nece...
Grandmax, a brand from YC Cable, is showing off some nifty speakers for digital music lovers at Computex
High Tech Computer on Wednesday announced the Touch Pro, a business handset a similar design to the iPhone rival, HTC Touch Diamond revealed last month to great fanfare.
The expected launch of an Nvidia chipset for Via Technologies' processor line didn't materialize at the Computex exhibition in Taipei.
Fresh from the launch of a mini-laptop the company hopes will catapult it into a new segment of portable Internet devices, an executive at Acer said the company is also looking to build even smaller devices to fit the category.
Taiwan's E-Ten Information Systems, is showing off three new handsets that run Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.1 at Computex, with all three set to launch after Acer's proposed acquisition of the company.
Intel has no plans to revise the roadmap for its Atom processor family, despite a surge of interest in systems based on the processor and the release of a competing chip from rival Via Technologies.
Car audio and navigation maker Clarion has unveiled a new prototype of its handheld mobile Internet navigator device that's due to be launched later this year.
Intel showed off a PC running an overclocked version of its upcoming quad-core Nehalem processor at the Computex exhibition in Taipei, but the system seemed to get its biggest performance boost from solid-state drives (SSDs).
Intel detailed plans for an updated version of its Classmate PC on Tuesday, swapping out the laptop's older Celeron M chip for the Diamondville version of the Atom processor.
Advanced Micro Devices and Fujitsu Siemens Computers are developing an external graphics module that will boost the graphics performance of laptops based on its Puma chip platform.
Intel showed off a small, energy-efficient PC that is capable of paying Blu-ray discs, highlighting the high-definition video playback capabilities of its new 4 series chipset.
Much speculation has surrounded Advanced Micro Devices' manufacturing plans for its upcoming Fusion family of processors and whether these chips could be produced under contract. But a senior executive said on Tuesday that AMD plans to manufacture th...
Taiwanese hardware makers expressed concern over a shortage of Intel's Atom processor, but Intel said production volumes will increase.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gigabyte extends dual BIOS to entire motherboard range
- Grandmax shows off portable iPod speakers
- HTC follows Touch Diamond with Touch Pro
- No Nvidia chipset for Via yet, but watch this space
- Acer eyes making more mobile Internet gadgets
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- iPhone 8
- Canon 6D MK II: Full, in-depth review
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTIT Service Delivery ManagerOther
- CCProject Manager x 2QLD
- CCService Desk ConsultantNSW
- CCETL DevelopersACT
- FTAnalyst ProgrammerOther
- FTDigital Marketing ExecutiveOther
- CCSenior Technical Business Analyst - IntegrationNSW
- CCData Analyst - SAP Data Services Exp RequiredQLD
- TPProject OfficerQLD
- FTFunctional Support Consultant (GIS)Other
- CCTosca Test AutomationVIC
- FTDigital Marketing AnalystNSW
- CCIdentity & Access Management AnalystVIC
- FTScrum MasterOther
- CCWindows 10 Deployment Team LeadVIC
- FTSitecore DeveloperOther
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst | Integrated Care ProgramQLD
- FTService desk supportACT
- TPFront End Designer/DeveloperNSW
- CCPMO Reporting Analyst l Business Objects reportsNSW
- FTPerformance Tester - Load RunnerACT
- CCDesktop Support Analyst / EngineerNSW
- CCiMIS SpecialistACT
- CCFunctional TesterVIC