Nearly 650 million households will have broadband Internet service by 2013, but the growth rate of high-speed access will slow between now and then, research company Parks Associates predicted on Tuesday.
Broadband Advisor - News
The newly formed Wireless Gigabit (WiGig) Alliance looks likely to play a big role in the future of Wi-Fi, but its high-speed technology probably won't squeeze out wired multimedia networks.
Google's new Secure Data Connector could result in a plethora of tie-ups between its productivity software and a range of enterprise applications and data sources.
The federal government -- on the back of its NBN announcement -- also released a regulatory reform discussion paper to seek public comment on ways to improve telecommunications regulations.
3 Mobile will expand its roaming coverage and introduce new roaming pricing for users from mid April.
The Federal Government this morning unveiled its plans for the National Broadband Network (NBN). Spanning eight years and projected to cost $43 billion with split ownership between the Australian government and private telcos, the network will provid...
Despite criticism the big ISPs have shunned the Federal Government's Internet filter trial, Minister for Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy, Senator Stephen Conroy, has declared Optus has jumped on-board.
With the leaking of the supposed Australian Communication & Media Authority's (ACMA) URL “blacklist”, further doubts have been raised over whether such a list, and even Web Filtering itself, can successfully achieve the federal government's goal of p...
The secretive Internet filter blacklist held by the communications watchdog ACMA has been leaked, revealing the government has understated the amount of banned Web pages by more than 1000.
The Australian communications watchdog has modified its complaints handling process following the forced removal of a link to a prohibited Web site.
Telstra today announced sweeping upgrades to its national Hybrid Fibre Coaxial (HFC), or cable, network which will see 1.8 million Melbourne homes receive Internet access speeds of up to 100Mpbs by years' end.
Only a small percentage of the Internet supports the emerging protocol IPv6 despite the technology being mandated by the US government.
The Norwegian state broadcaster NRK has decided to set up its own BitTorrent tracker, and it also plans to offer content through this form of distribution, it said on Sunday.
Optus has announced it will offer naked DSL broadband, following the lead set by ISPs such as iiNet and Internode.
The Australian Federal Police (AFP) and Microsoft have brought the ThinkUKnow education program to Australia. The program, which originated in the UK, is aimed at educating parents and teachers about how to keep kids away from online predators and ot...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Broadband growth seen slowing, shifting to Asia
- WiGig fast wireless may change Wi-Fi, home networks
- Google secure data tool ties Apps to company data
- Telco insiders say regulatory reform raises questions for Telstra
- 3 to allow Next G mobile broadband roaming from mid April
PCW Evaluation Team
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCSAP Deployment ConsultantNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- TPBI ConsultantNSW
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- FTCyber Security Technical WriterNSW
- CCMDM DesignerVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Wealth ManagementNSW
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksACT
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst - GROUP LIFE INSURANCENSW
- FTProject Manager Large ICT Enabled Business Change ProjectQLD
- TPSOE EngineerACT
- CCSenior DeveloperNSW
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectWA
- TPSenior Web Developer/Consultant - ServiceNowNSW
- FTSenior IT Project ManagerSA
- CCIDAM ArchitectVIC
- TPICT Customer Support Officer - ForsterNSW
- TPFront End .NET DeveloperQLD
- FTP3O SpecialistACT
- TPArcGIS DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior SQL Database SpecialistACT
- FTBI and Report DeveloperQLD