Telstra has devoted over three years and some 900 engineers to designing a national fibre network, and Acaltel has chipped-in 1000 of its own engineers who have devoted an estimated 1.5 million hours on the project. Telstra offered a glimpse of some of the technology behind its $10B bid for the National Broadband Network (NBN)
Telstra today unveiled plans to release the fastest mobile broadband modem in the world, capable of reaching peak network downlink speeds of 21 megabits per second (Mbps).
Broadband subscribers all over the world are getting more for their money. The cost for cable, fiber and DSL (digital subscriber line) subscriptions are all dropping, and at the same time speeds are increasing, according to market research company Point Topic.
The Federal Government has pledged to fast-track infrastructure building, and Telstra [ASX: TLS] wants it to start with the National Broadband Network [NBN].
Australian Internet Service Providers should embrace Internet Protocol Television and collaborate with each other to offer IPTV as it will become a killer application in the new National Broadband Network (NBN) environment, according to research company IDC.
The wireless broadband market is heating up, with Unwired Australia announcing an overhaul of its wireless broadband pre-paid pricing.
If you need wireless broadband, but don’t have a PC card to slot in a modem, Vodafone’s new USB Internet Stick mobile broadband service might be what you’re looking for.
Telstra, in conjunction with Netcomm and Sierra Wireless, has released a portable HSDPA, Wi-Fi and Ethernet router that can be used to share an Internet connection wherever there is Next G mobile network coverage.
If you've just upgraded from ADSL to ADSL2+ broadband, you may want to check your line filters. Chances are that you're not getting the speed you should be.
In a classic case of ingenuity and adaptability, university students stranded by this week's [[artid:795451093|Optus network failure in Queensland|new]] have taken to Instant Messaging (IM) and Skype to talk interstate.
State governments, major telcos and regional interests groups are among the 30 industry submissions detailing how the National Broadband Network (NBN) should be delivered to regional Australia.
A new undersea fiber-optic cable linking Japan and Russia went into service this week providing the first direct link between the two countries and an alternate cable route between Europe and Asia.
Researchers at the University of Sydney have developed technology that could boost the throughput of existing networks by 100-fold without costing the consumer any more, and its all thanks to a scratch on a piece of glass.
Faster and farther-reaching networking are just a couple of the advantages of an 802.11 draft-n based wireless network, so if you're in the market for a new wireless router, you should ensure that you get one that's capable of running the latest standard.
Australia's 20 biggest cities could be covered by a $500 million commercial-grade mobile WiMAX network within two years.
Get into your productive zone with the right business tool
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Telstra plans new wireless modem, upgrade to network speed
- Worldwide broadband prices continue to drop
- Telstra urges Gov't to fast-track NBN first
- ISPs must plan for IPTV
- Wireless broadband war: Unwired fights back
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBusiness Development Manager IT HealthcareQLD
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Student Management SystemQLD
- FTBI BA Consultant l Microstrategy, Business ObjectsNSW
- CCAMI ArchitectWA
- CCTechnical ConsutlantACT
- TPProject Manager | HealthQLD
- FTSecurity AnalystACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - NV1ACT
- CCSecurity ConsultantVIC
- FTTest Analyst - Infrastructure - NV1 ClearanceACT
- FTSAP Solution ArchitectsACT
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- CCFull Stack Developers x4!QLD
- TPAutomation Test AnalystQLD
- TPProject Manager. Enterprise wide IT ProjectsNSW
- FTWindows Server Engineer MCSE, SCCM, SCOM, PowershellNSW
- FTDigital ProducerNSW
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerACT
- FTHealthcare Application Integration Support - Brisbane BasedWA
- CCSenior Domain ArchitectVIC
- CCDocument ControllerNSW
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCOracle CCB DesignerVIC