Mozilla has released the first beta version of Firefox 4, its updated browser that offers new features such as a revised menu layout, more screen space for web pages and more HTML 5 HD video support.
Broadband - Reviews
Many people are dismissive of Wikipedia. For example, back in 2005, as quoted in the Ideas in Action blog, Robert McHenry, a former editor-in-chief of the Encyclopedia Britannica, argued: "Many revisions, corrections, and updates are badly done or fa...
Dell's Streak may look like a smartphone, and you can make phone calls on it, but its form factor means it's a hybrid device that sits somewhere between a largish touchscreen phone like the HTC Desire and Apple's iPad tablet.
Safari 5 ups the ante in the browser wars, with two major improvements: a performance boost to rival speed king Chrome, the highly useful Safari Reader, which makes it much easier to read multi-page Web articles.
A mobile 3G Wi-Fi router that will initially be sold exclusively through official Apple retail stores, NetComm's MyZone has been touted by the company as an ideal accessory for the Apple iPad tablet. The MyZone scores points for its stylish, compact ...
The Telstra T-Box is a personal video recorder (PVR) with a 320GB internal hard drive and two high-definition digital television tuners. The T-Box, due for release later this month, also has access (when connected to the Internet via Telstra's BigPon...
Billion's BiPAC 5200S RD is an ADSL2+ modem with router functionality. It's tiny (some would say pocket-sized) and has a single Ethernet port and no built-in wireless access point. That means it can't be used to distribute an Internet connection on i...
Now that the Windows world is weaning itself from Internet Explorer, another serious alternative exists alongside Google Chrome and Apple Safari as an alternative to Mozilla Firefox.
Netgear’s RangeMax Dual Band Wireless-N Modem Router (DGND3300v2) is an all-in-one wireless router with a built in ADSL2+ modem. It has a dual-band capability that allows it to run 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless networks simultaneously; this can be a bless...
The 3 Mobile Broadband Internet Key E1553 is an entry-level broadband USB modem. Though its specifications are less impressive than the similar E1756 Internet key, the E1553 proved to be more stable and often faster during our tests.
3 Mobile's latest Broadband Internet Key is the E1756, a straightforward device that’s easy to set up and use. Plug-and-play installation, a microSD card memory slot and access to Telstra's Next G network when roaming are some of the notable features...
A portable, battery-powered wireless router, Edimax's 3G-6210n allows users to share a 3G broadband connection. Also compatible with a standard ADSL or cable Internet connection, the Edimax 3G-6210n is a handy device for travellers, but it requires a...
Google Buzz is a service that adds social-networking to the Gmail webmail service. We took Google Buzz for a ride to find out what it is, how to get it, and why it is different from Facebook and Twitter.
Telstra's Elite Mobile Broadband card is an ExpressCard that doubles as a regular PC Card. Though USB modems have largely replaced ExpressCards in the consumer market, Telstra claims there is still demand for ExpressCards in the business market and t...
The sight of a blank page in any design program can be daunting, and that's the first screen that SiteSpinner Standard presents to the user. But the text-based (as opposed to video) tutorials will get most people up and running rather quickly.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 2 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 4 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 5 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Telstra says some of its NBN customers paid for unachievable speeds
- Australian broadband speed ranking drops again despite NBN rollout
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- nbn grows customer base, but suffers EBITDA loss
- [Updated] Labor has ruled out a Royal Commission into the NBN
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ford Everest Trend RWD 3.2L Diesel review
- Ford Everest Trend in its natural habitat
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTChange & Communications Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCCognos Lead / Cognos DeveloperACT
- FTTalend DI DeveloperOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTProject Finance / Finance Coordinator (NSW Government)Other
- CCPerformance Test Engineer - BrisbaneACT
- FTProject CoordinatorOther
- TPSoftware Engineer / DeveloperQLD
- CCPerformance Test Engineer - BrisbaneVIC
- FTLead Enterprise ArchitectVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectOther
- FT4 X Gun Java Developers wantedVIC
- CCAsset Management specialistNSW
- FTSearch Engine Optimisation SpecialistWA
- CCCAD GIS BIM SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Cloud Platform EngineerOther
- CCProject Coordinator - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Project ManagerOther
- FTReporting AnalystSA
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerOther
- CCAMI ArchitectWA
- CCMid-Level Business AnalystQLD
- CCService Desk Analyst - NV1 ClearanceACT