The best blogging platform isn't a blogging platform, but a social network, writes columnist Mike Elgan. He explains how and why he uses Google+ for blogging.
Broadband - News
Either Apple's iCloud accounting system is suffering a glitch or the company has suddenly become quite generous.
The company behind the .xxx top-level domain plans to launch a search engine in an effort to drive more traffic to .xxx websites and give pornography fans a more satisfying search experience.
iCloud mail service has been down throughout Tuesday--at least for some subscribers to Apple's cloud-based service.
South Korea's Fair Trade Commission is investigating a complaint by Apple that arch-rival manufacturer Samsung is abusing its wireless technology patents in the country, an official said Friday.
A new Pacific submarine fibre optic cable is being proposed by a company called Hawaiki Submarine Cable that would link New Zealand and Australia with several Pacific islands by the end of 2014.
A new provider in the national ADSL market, NuSkope, has kicked off its entry to the big league with a bundle offering a free Wi-Fi router and double servings of data to celebrate its move across from wireless to cable delivery.
Optus has launched its 4G network in Sydney, Perth and Newcastle. 4G services in Melbourne will start from September 15.
Telstra has today announced the expansion of its 4G mobile network coverage, promising to cover 66 per cent of the Australian population by mid-2013.
The Australian National Basketball League has become the first major sporting organisation to offer an online streaming subscription to all its games for an entire season. The new site, NBL.TV is open now for fans to pre-register their interest for t...
The Australian Law Reform Commission enquiry into Copyright and the Digital Economy has the potential to affect the lives of practically all Australians, so you owe it to yourself to put forward your views on the matter.
A man who tracked down his stolen iPad using Find My iPhone and a GPS device has been accused of unlawful amateur sleuthing.
Global cloud computing and hosting company Rackspace will soon open its first Australian data centre, in the Sydney suburb of Erskine Park. The investment is part of a multi-million dollar move to bolster the company's local presence.
Adelaide-based Internet service provider (ISP), Internode, has launched three new NodeMobile plans each offering 150GB of social networking data allowance, alongside other inclusions.
Some people do it just out of simple competition, essentially throwing their money away so they can boast more Twitter followers than their friends. Others do it to boost their corporate profiles, while even more high-profile cases have led to better...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Australian broadband speed ranking drops again despite NBN rollout
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- nbn grows customer base, but suffers EBITDA loss
- [Updated] Labor has ruled out a Royal Commission into the NBN
- NBN: Labor to offer ‘greater proportion of fibre’, still not sold on FTTN
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTChange CoordinatorACT
- CCSAP ISU Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystACT
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMACT
- FTInformation Security ManagerACT
- TPBusiness Analyst | HealthcareQLD
- FTDesktop Support/ Field Services EngineerQLD
- FTFirewall EngineerNSW
- FTProject Engineer - Data & IP NetworksNSW
- FTNetwork Solution Architect - PresalesNSW
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMSA
- FTSAP Fiori Technical SpecialistsACT
- FTElectronic Payments POS Business Analyst - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTPMO CoordinatorACT
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager - DigitalisationQLD
- FTSenior ERP Project ManagerQLD
- TPSoftware Licensing SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- FTEngineer Control Systems SpecialistSA
- FTSenior / Lead iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTUI/UX DesignerSA
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior System EngineerNSW