Three Republican U.S. senators on Thursday called on Congress to pass a permanent Internet tax ban before a moratorium expires Nov. 1.
Broadband - News
A 3D user interface, called Miramar, developed by Intel researchers during the late 1990s will be used in an upcoming release of Qwaq's Qwaq Forums collaboration tool.
Despite signs that mobile Linux is gaining momentum -- such as the launch of Motorola's Linux-based Razr2 -- and heated competition, confusion about goals and slow-moving consortiums may be hindering growth.
Google is ramping up its efforts to help specific vertical markets create more effective online advertising, using its technology to help clients highlight as many of their assets as possible to drive not only online, but also offline sales.
Presenters at RFID World in Boston Wednesday focused on using second-generation active and passive radio frequency identification tags to provide advanced security and authentication, as well as ways to broaden the reach of the technology.
After canceling its controversial Foleo product and continuing to struggle with a shift away from the personal digital assistant market, Palm warned on Wednesday that its upcoming earnings report could be weaker than expected.
Attack code that targets Yahoo Messenger has been published on the Internet, a security researcher warned Wednesday, marking the ninth exploit aimed at the popular instant messaging software so far this year.
Hackers can wield malicious Windows Media Player files to exploit any unpatched Internet Explorer (IE) vulnerability on a PC -- even if the user relies on Firefox, Opera or some other Web browser, a UK security researcher said yesterday.
Several laptop vendors plan to announce support for an upcoming version of Intel's Centrino platform that uses WiMax wide-area networking technology -- but Hewlett-Packard, Dell and Apple are not expected to be among them.
New user profile features are set to be added to Digg.com Wednesday, marking the first in a series of new social networking capabilities that will be added to the site. Officials said the new capabilities will let Digg.com users better interact and s...
Telstra today accused the Howard Government of punishing 1.5 million Australian shareholders by putting politics ahead of policy in the lead up to the federal election.
Google plans to add a presentations application to its Web applications suite this week, delivering on a promise made in April. The suite, until now known as Docs & Spreadsheets, will also be renamed Google Docs on Monday.
Apple will partner with U.K. mobile carrier O2 when it rolls out the iPhone in Great Britain on Nov. 9, the company said on Tuesday. Contrary to speculation, however, the smart phone will not use the faster 3G data network common in Europe.
Nokia released on Tuesday the newest addition to its E-series lineup of mobile phones for businesses, revamping the user interface for easier navigation, executives said during a London product launch.
Mozilla has fixed a critical bug in the way the Firefox browser works with QuickTime media files.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Australian broadband speed ranking drops again despite NBN rollout
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- nbn grows customer base, but suffers EBITDA loss
- [Updated] Labor has ruled out a Royal Commission into the NBN
- NBN: Labor to offer ‘greater proportion of fibre’, still not sold on FTTN
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCDelivery Project ManagerVIC
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Linux AdministratorNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTLevel 3 Systems EngineerVIC
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystVIC
- FTMobile Studio Manager/ Mobile UX Manager - GAME CHANGER!NSW
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCService Delivery Analyst - Port MacquarieNSW
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSCCM EngineerNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - Qld Health - Short term contractQLD
- FTDeveloper / Junior Solution DesignerQLD
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager Office 365 ImplementationVIC
- FTERP Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksVIC
- CCAutomation DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Specialist - Data ManagementNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - FinTech - Product DevelopmentNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - FrontendNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Wealth Advice/SuperannuationNSW
- CCDigital Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCPlatform Engineer - DevOpsVIC