WabiSabi Labi, a Swiss start-up that caused a stir with the creation of an eBay-like marketplace for software vulnerabilities, plans to offer an intrusion-detection system and will open up its auction site to a wider range of intellectual property, a...
Broadband - News
A vulnerability in Ask.com's toolbar for Internet Explorer could allow an attacker to take control of a person's computer, according to security advisories.
A critical flaw in the way that the AOL's instant messaging client displays Web-based graphics could be exploited by criminals to create a self-copying worm attack, security researchers are warning.
Less than a week after CEO Steve Jobs said that Apple would fight hacks that unlocked the iPhone, the company said any modification, unlocks included, voids the phone's warranty.
Broadcom has put 802.11n wireless networking fast Wi-Fi on a single chip, which could make fast Wi-Fi cheaper in the New Year.
Motorola said it will demonstrate a desktop WiMax device focused on consumers and small office users at WiMax World in Chicago this week . The device will be sold to various carriers the Northern autumn for eventual resale.
The groundwork is being laid for a risky experiment in consumer electronics as manufacturers prepare for US carriers Sprint Nextel and Clearwire's Xohm WiMax services.
AOL co-founder Steve Case and other financial and technology industry leaders have launched a new online credit card company they say will transform the payment industry.
Laszlo Systems this week unveiled an enhanced version of Laszlo Webtop, which the company refers to as "The Web 2.0 Desktop." The company also is partnering to add VOIP capabilities to the platform.
Swedish police are expected to decide later this week whether a criminal case is warranted against 10 major music and movie companies over their alleged efforts to disrupt the Pirate Bay, one of the largest file-sharing search engines.
An interactive kiosk with arms and legs would be a robot by another name, and that may be the long-term direction the technology takes as market leader IBM continues to turn kiosks into multipurpose retail machines.
Amazon.com has launched a public beta of Amazon MP3, a digital music store that offers digital rights management-free music downloads, allowing users to download the music to their media player of choice or burn songs onto CDs.
Someone used an eBay discussion forum on Tuesday to post confidential information about eBay users along with what may be their credit card numbers.
Vodafone has launched its own GPS service - Vodafone Compass - and marked it by offering 12 months free GPS mapping for customers who sign up before December 1.
Check Point Software has beefed up its enterprise security gateways, in an effort to protect corporate networks against the risks associated with IM and peer-to-peer application such as Skype.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Australian broadband speed ranking drops again despite NBN rollout
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- nbn grows customer base, but suffers EBITDA loss
- [Updated] Labor has ruled out a Royal Commission into the NBN
- NBN: Labor to offer ‘greater proportion of fibre’, still not sold on FTTN
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTProject ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSystems AdminNSW
- FTProject Manager - Multiple rolesQLD
- FTSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- FTElectronic Payments POS Business Analyst - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMNSW
- FTSenior Information Security SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior ERP Project ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- TPAV Design SpecialistNSW
- FTIT Security RolesACT
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW
- FTTest Analyst - HCMSNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - FinTech - Product DevelopmentNSW
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Audio Visual/Video DomainVIC
- FTICT Transformation Integration ManagerNSW
- CCCommercial ManagerVIC
- FTProduct Manager (IT Clinical Systems) - Permanent - Syd, Melb or BrisbNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystWA
- CCSenior Change ManagerQLD
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSCCM EngineerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Architect - UrgentSA