Finding ways to limit DoS attacks and SMS spam by making it harder to spoof the origin of electronic communications is on the agenda at a telecommunications standards meeting this week -- but civil rights advocates worry it could put an end to anonym...
Broadband - News
Fun seems to be the message with this year’s webcam and communications launches from Microsoft at its Hardware Anywhere event. This week the software giant announced that it is not only releasing two new webcams but also launching a video messaging s...
Research In Motion, typically considered an enterprise device developer, continues to push its consumer strategy with new services announced Thursday, including MySpace and Tivo applications and a music service for BlackBerry users.
Google began running a live test last year that lets people re-rank and remove search engine results and comment on them, but remains undecided about rolling out the changes for everybody.
Ten days after Google launched Chrome, the new browser's share of those used it to reach Computerworld's Web site has dropped from a peak of 9.7 percent right after it was released and stabilized at between 5 percent and 6 percent.
Mozilla will respond to rivals Google and Microsoft with a private-browsing mode in Firefox, according to notes posted on its Web site, and is on track to deliver one in 3.1, the version that will likely go beta next month.
Mobile social networking is a small part of the way people use their mobile phones, but industry officials expect that use will grow, and not just for teenagers who want to text their friends or send short video clips.
A new site dedicated to providing non-technical computer users with plain-English explanations of internet security risks has been launched today.
Symantec's latest security software in its consumer Norton line installs in less than a minute and uses much less memory, two key improvements the company sees as keeping its products competitive.
Microsoft's Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) browser includes a keystroke-logging search suggestion tool similar to the one that Google modified Monday after coming under fire from consumers.
The Reserve Bank of Australia is set to meet with online auction house eBay Australia and its subsidiary PayPal in the next 30 days to discuss the removal of eBay rules that favour the use of PayPal as a payment option on the site.
Google will half the length of time it holds data linking surfers' IP addresses to their Web searches.
Anti-virus updates issued by Trend Micro last week crippled Windows XP and Vista PCs when they mistook several critical system files for malware, and blocked access to those files.
Microsoft said on Tuesday that the next version of its Silverlight media player, due early next year, will be able to play live high-definition video encoded for rival Adobe Systems' Flash player.
An administrator of a peer-to-peer network focused on distributing movies has been sentenced to 18 months in prison, the U.S. Department of Justice said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 2 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 4 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 5 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Telstra says some of its NBN customers paid for unachievable speeds
- Australian broadband speed ranking drops again despite NBN rollout
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- nbn grows customer base, but suffers EBITDA loss
- [Updated] Labor has ruled out a Royal Commission into the NBN
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ford Everest Trend RWD 3.2L Diesel review
- Ford Everest Trend in its natural habitat
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCEnterprise Change ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity Specialist - Threat DetectionOther
- CCRobotics Automation Designer (Pega) - Contract - Financial Services - SydneyNSW
- TPITSM Specialist - ServiceNowQLD
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Innovative Software companyNSW
- FTOrganisation Change ManagerOther
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTFixed Broadband SMEOther
- FTTechnical Director/Principal - Digital SolutionsOther
- TPSenior Change Analyst - Major IT Transformation**NSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- CCSenior Change AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Analyst/Delivery LeadOther
- CCFleet Management System Specialist - Brisbane or AdelaideWA
- FTBusiness Development ManagerOther
- FTApplication Support Analyst - SMSF solutionsOther
- CCTalend Open Studio Data Integration ConsultantNSW
- CCNet IQ IDAM - SMENSW
- TPChange Analyst - 12 month contractQLD
- FTCloud & Office 365 Project ManagerOther
- FTSenior C Developer - Hardcore Developer!Other
- FTFront End Developer (Mid-Level)Other
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- TPPrincipal Business AnalystQLD