Fun seems to be the message with this year’s webcam and communications launches from Microsoft at its Hardware Anywhere event. This week the software giant announced that it is not only releasing two new webcams but also launching a video messaging s...
Broadband - News
Research In Motion, typically considered an enterprise device developer, continues to push its consumer strategy with new services announced Thursday, including MySpace and Tivo applications and a music service for BlackBerry users.
Google began running a live test last year that lets people re-rank and remove search engine results and comment on them, but remains undecided about rolling out the changes for everybody.
Ten days after Google launched Chrome, the new browser's share of those used it to reach Computerworld's Web site has dropped from a peak of 9.7 percent right after it was released and stabilized at between 5 percent and 6 percent.
Mozilla will respond to rivals Google and Microsoft with a private-browsing mode in Firefox, according to notes posted on its Web site, and is on track to deliver one in 3.1, the version that will likely go beta next month.
Mobile social networking is a small part of the way people use their mobile phones, but industry officials expect that use will grow, and not just for teenagers who want to text their friends or send short video clips.
A new site dedicated to providing non-technical computer users with plain-English explanations of internet security risks has been launched today.
Symantec's latest security software in its consumer Norton line installs in less than a minute and uses much less memory, two key improvements the company sees as keeping its products competitive.
Microsoft's Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) browser includes a keystroke-logging search suggestion tool similar to the one that Google modified Monday after coming under fire from consumers.
The Reserve Bank of Australia is set to meet with online auction house eBay Australia and its subsidiary PayPal in the next 30 days to discuss the removal of eBay rules that favour the use of PayPal as a payment option on the site.
Google will half the length of time it holds data linking surfers' IP addresses to their Web searches.
Anti-virus updates issued by Trend Micro last week crippled Windows XP and Vista PCs when they mistook several critical system files for malware, and blocked access to those files.
Microsoft said on Tuesday that the next version of its Silverlight media player, due early next year, will be able to play live high-definition video encoded for rival Adobe Systems' Flash player.
An administrator of a peer-to-peer network focused on distributing movies has been sentenced to 18 months in prison, the U.S. Department of Justice said.
What Japan lacks in geographic size, it more than makes up for in Internet attack traffic.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Australian broadband speed ranking drops again despite NBN rollout
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- nbn grows customer base, but suffers EBITDA loss
- [Updated] Labor has ruled out a Royal Commission into the NBN
- NBN: Labor to offer ‘greater proportion of fibre’, still not sold on FTTN
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTTelecommunications Installation ManagerSA
- CCProcess Improvement SpecialistVIC
- TPTrim Helpdesk AnalystVIC
- FTSystems Administrator - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTSales Lead / Sales Executive - Enterprise IT Healthcare Perm - North RydeNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- TPBusiness Intelligence AnalystQLD
- FTSoftware Engineer - Build/Image MaintenanceACT
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior System AdministratorQLD
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- FTTechnical SpecialistACT
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Java EngineerWA
- FTSenior Project Manager - (Customer Platforms)NSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystQLD
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTIT Service Desk Manager - Team LeaderNSW
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- FTSenior MS Server Administrator with HyperVNSW
- FTSAP SD/MM ConsultantNSW
- FTIT Security RolesACT
- TPEducation TechnologistNSW
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieNSW