Almost 80 percent of the 7.2 million internet subscribers in Australia have moved on from dial-up, according to a recent ABS report.
Broadband - News
Pacnet Australia has signed a business agreement with Telstra Wholesale which will see it offer a range of ADSL2+ broadband services on Telstra's network.
Mobile telephone service providers are trying to block a plan to create a free, nationwide US wireless broadband network by insisting on protections from interference that would make it impossible to deliver wireless broadband, according to the compa...
Microsoft warned users Monday that it will drop support for Office 2003 Service Pack 2 in three weeks, and it urged them to upgrade to a newer service pack that was involved in a dust-up earlier this year over blocked file formats.
While there have been myriad Web 2.0 projects set up to sway voters toward one presidential candidate or another, a new wiki is honing in on voter suppression, or what its developers call systematic attempts to block certain voters from casting their...
Blogs have become entrenched in mainstream life, according to the 2008 "State of the Blogosphere" report that found bloggers are adding new posts at a staggering rate - more than 37,000 per hour - to their increasingly profitable blogs. That growth, ...
Chrome's share of the browser market is fading as users who abandoned Internet Explorer and Firefox start to return, an Internet measurement company said Tuesday.
The Federal Court has mostly dismissed Telstra's (ASX:TLS) appeal against a series of decisions the ACCC had made in recent line sharing services (LSS) disputes.
The lifeline linking notorious service provider Intercage to the rest of the Internet has been severed.
Seeking greater visibility for its Book Search engine, Google is making it easier for retailers, libraries and publishers to provide that service's capabilities on their own Web sites.
iiNet customers will soon be able to appreciate Beethoven’s Ninth Symphony over the Internet as it is played live at the Perth Concert Hall.
FBI agents served a search warrant Sunday at the apartment of a college student whom Internet sleuths last week had named as the hacker who accessed US Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin's e-mail account, a local television station re...
Adobe Systems last week said it will soon quash a bug in Flash that has been used for more than a month by attackers to poison Mac and Windows users' clipboards with URLs to malicious sites.
Wireless Internet connections across the country almost doubled in the past six months, according to data from the Australian Bureau of Statistics released Monday.
A US state legislator has confirmed that his son, a 20-year-old student at the University of Tennessee, is the person being named on blogs and message boards in connection with the hacking of Sarah Palin's e-mail account, a Nashville paper reported.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Australian broadband speed ranking drops again despite NBN rollout
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- nbn grows customer base, but suffers EBITDA loss
- [Updated] Labor has ruled out a Royal Commission into the NBN
- NBN: Labor to offer ‘greater proportion of fibre’, still not sold on FTTN
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- TPProgram Manager - 12 month contractQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTPayroll Systems AnalystQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTDrupal Developer - Senior or Mid levelQLD
- CCJava Developer / System Designer - Aus Citizens OnlyWA
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTOSS Developer - BPM (Business Process Manager) SMEVIC
- CCSenior Project OfficerNSW
- TPRegional Level 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTWindows Server Engineer MCSE, SCCM, SCOM, PowershellNSW
- FTHR Business Analyst / Performance Management SMENSW
- TPBusiness Analyst | HealthcareQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaACT
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystVIC
- FTSalesforce Project LeadQLD
- FTICT Program Manager- Transformation - Gov backgroundNSW
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- CCPlatform Engineer - DevOpsVIC
- CCSolution Architect - Network Operations/Design - TelcoVIC
- CCCitrix SpecialistACT
- TPService Desk OperatorQLD