Evernote isn't a revolution. Like most of the technology products we tend to use regularly in our daily lives, Evernote is an evolution, a collection of good ideas that rolls into a single program the functionality of a half-dozen apps you would othe...
Broadband - Guides
Picking an Internet service provider (ISP) is never easy. The one that's right for you depends on a lot of factors -- a key factor being your budget and the next major consideration being the monthly data allowance you are given. But there are lots o...
Mobile broadband has changed the way many people work, socialise and live. The ability to access the Internet from your mobile phone means you can easily check social-networking sites, choose a restaurant to eat at or find cinema session times withou...
One of the key advantages of wireless broadband is that it allows you to have an Internet connection without being physically connected to your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
With Naked ADSL you can get fast ADSL2+ speeds and save money by avoiding line rental fees. We explain what you need to know before making the leap to Naked ADSL.
The carbon footprint of a search query is nowhere near the estimate concluded by a Harvard academic, Google said late Sunday.
New exploits against VoIP continue to emerge, but experts say these demonstrations reveal the need for vigilant security and are not fatal flaws to the technology.
As technology and communications begin to converge, the focus is increasingly placed upon multifunction devices, such as the modern smartphone.
With more bandwidth and endless multimedia possibilities, 3G mobile phones are leaving 2G in the dust.
For the majority of those looking to upgrade to broadband Internet for the business or home, it's all about the extra speed.
Spyware ranges from the merely annoying to the potentially devastating, but our Anti-spyware guide will keep your PC pesk free.
Voice over IP is exactly what its name suggests. It is voice communication that is transmitted over an Internet Protocol (IP) service.
If you have multiple computers around the home or office and want to network them together to share an ADSL Internet connection then this guide is for you.
Even though computing resources may be locked in high-security data centres, the security guards can do nothing to stop an electronic assault by someone using a network address to access the system.
Personal data stored on your computer is worth a lot more than just the hardware. Make sure you take the necessary steps to ensure you protect it.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Australian broadband speed ranking drops again despite NBN rollout
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- nbn grows customer base, but suffers EBITDA loss
- [Updated] Labor has ruled out a Royal Commission into the NBN
- NBN: Labor to offer ‘greater proportion of fibre’, still not sold on FTTN
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTLevel 3 Application Support AnalystVIC
- FTFull Stack Developer - Symfony 2QLD
- CCVirtualisation / Infrastructure ArchitectACT
- FTFirewall EngineerNSW
- FTSystem AnalystQLD
- TPLevel 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystACT
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer (Mid level) - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- TPFull Stack Developer - Cutting-edge technologiesQLD
- FTElectronic Payments POS Business Analyst - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSenior System AdministratorVIC
- FTProcurement AdvisorQLD
- TPBI AnalystQLD
- FTSAP Solution ArchitectsACT
- CCUser ResearchNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Infrastructure / LogisticsNSW
- CCFull Stack Developers x4!QLD
- TPSAP Supply Lead - MM/LogisticsQLD
- FTProject Manager - Multiple rolesQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst (BI Focus)WA
- CCSenior Security AnalystsACT
- FTProject Coordinator - Telecommunications InfrastructureNSW
- CCProject Communications and Engagement SpecialistNSW