There are some fantastic tools out there that can be yours for nothing if you know where to look. We show you how to reclaim processor cycles and streamline your PC for free.
Broadband - Features
Technology journalists are often accused of blowing Twitter out of proportion, and for good reason.
In the early days, Gmail hooked us with its innovative features, like the way it threaded together e-mails under the same subject.
In June, the world watched as tweets from the streets of Tehran flooded Twitter. Frequent Twitter users--and people who hadn't even heard of the microblogging service--were suddenly and simultaneously witnessing its potential.
The French hacker who broke into Twitter's Google Apps and stole more than 300 private company documents has revealed in detail how he did it.
If Twitter is voyeuristic, then TweetPsych takes it to a whole new level. Based on your last thousand tweets (or those of someone you're interested in knowing a deeper understanding of), TweetPsych builds a psychological profile, indicating a score a...
The revelations from the dubiously named Twittergate have been about as exciting as watching wet paint dry.
On 26 June, Kaspersky Lab held its 10th annual Virus Analysts Summit in Dubrovnik, Croatia. At the event the company's chief security researchers discussed the latest online threats to target businesses and consumers.
Microsoft today warned of a serious security vulnerability in a Spreadsheet ActiveX control that could allow for a drive-by-download attack against vulnerable PCs.
Naked ADSL (or Naked DSL) is a term that refers to an ADSL service that can be installed on a phone line that doesn't have an active phone number attached to it. It's a service that's particularly worthwhile for anyone who does not use their landline...
Stephane Herry says that he founded his private file-sharing network GigaTribe out of frustration at not being able to share files with his friends on Kazaa. Every time he searched for a file that he knew a friend had uploaded, he saw only similar fi...
A recent job posting on Best Buy Co Inc.'s Web site for a Senior Manager - Emerging Media Marketing position based out of the company's corporate headquarters in Richfield, Minn. listed two preferred job qualifications: a graduate degree and 250+ fol...
Do you trust Google? If you use its multitude of online services on a daily basis you might, but is that assumption wise? For some, Google is a wonderful company with a broad selection of useful online tools that make life easier, but for others Goo...
Despite Twitter's popularity and ballooning public image, the micro-blogging site may never be able to turn a profit. That was the prevailing attitude at Allen & Co's Sun Valley, Idaho media conference, where the topic du jour was Twitter. None of th...
The amazing thing about Google is how a business that makes 97 percent of its revenue selling advertising has people convinced that it is a technology company. And then gets a free pass despite a series of failures outside its core competencies in se...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Australian broadband speed ranking drops again despite NBN rollout
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- nbn grows customer base, but suffers EBITDA loss
- [Updated] Labor has ruled out a Royal Commission into the NBN
- NBN: Labor to offer ‘greater proportion of fibre’, still not sold on FTTN
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCNetwork Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTUser Support AnalystNSW
- FTSecurity Engineer (IPS & Firewall exp essential) - Perm - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- TPOffice 365 Deployment SupportQLD
- FTBusiness Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTSoftware Engineer - Build/Image MaintenanceACT
- CCSecurity Specialist - NV1ACT
- FTTest Analyst - Infrastructure - NV1 ClearanceACT
- CCSenior Linux AdministratorNSW
- FTERP Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTService ManagerNSW
- FTSecurity EngineerACT
- FTSecurity Solutions Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- FTNetwork Consulting ArchitectVIC
- CCVMware AdministratorNSW
- FTJava Technical Team LeadVIC
- FTL&D Consultant, Wealth AdvisorNSW
- TPEOI - Developer/Tester/Software EngineerACT
- FTJava Team LeadVIC
- FTFinance Analyst with Accounting | 8 Month ContractVIC
- FTLead Salesforce ConsultantQLD
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTSalesforce Business AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTBusiness Process AnalystWA