TPG will no longer sell NBN services at the 25/5Mbps speed tier, the retail service provider (RSP) revealed today.
The move is aimed at improving speeds for end customers and driving top-tier product uptake.
The ACCC has said only two local telcos have made marketing messaging changes to better reflect the NBN speeds their customers are likely to get.
NBN will press pause on its rollout of further hybrid fibre-coaxial (HFC) connections while it works to address poor performance encountered by end users.
Most Telstra customers with fibre to the node (FTTN) National Broadband Network connections and 100/40Mbps services were not able to achieve the speeds they paid for.
Telstra has revealed its latest plans to tackle the combined headwinds created by the NBN and an increasingly competitive market.
Some 6 million households and businesses are able to connect to the National Broadband Network, NBN announced this morning.
An analysis by Telstra has revealed that a small number of its customers with NBN services were on broadband plans with maximum speeds that were not achievable.
Australia continues to lose ground in the global broadband connection speed race.
Labor’s broadband spokesperson, Michelle Rowland, has accused the government of suppressing unflattering information about the NBN, citing its refusal to release redacted portions of the 2013 strategic review into the National Broadband Network.
Australian broadband network, nbn, has reported an EBITDA loss of $1.6 billion for the year ending June 30, compared to $1.1 billion the same time last year.
NBN. Three letters so disliked even my own laptop keys are beginning to protest the frequency of their use, sticking under the weight of my tired, tired hands.
The UK’s Computer Weekly reports that, on Monday, The Australian High Commission in the UK held an event for UK startups, called “The Australian technology and innovation forum” which hoped to attract UK innovators and startups should Brexit happen.
Cisco’s internet traffic forecast describes a sobering explosion of traffic growth and exposes government nbn plans as woefully inadequate
Cisco has delivered its annual Visual Networking Index internet traffic forecast which predicts traffic growth going out to 2020. Previous forecasts have been within 10% accuracy but it was noted that the 2010 prediction figures for 2015 were within 0.2% accuracy.
Many people continue to call for Labor to order a Royal Commission into the NBN should they return to power. It’s not surprising why… the $36bn FttH national rollout has turned into a $60bn failed upgrade to the existing copper network with many questionable individuals getting rich along the way. Furthermore, the justifications for doing this have been grounded in so much misinformation, incompetence and downright lies, that some decisions defy reality.
Get online anywhere with a fast mobile broadband USB stick
Only a decade or two ago, finding the right enterprise PC was a much more straightforward task.
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
cloudandco Smart Cane
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Apple iPhone X
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Toys for Boys
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Xbox One X
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- TPG to stop selling 25Mbps NBN plans
- NBN Co overhauls top-tier pricing in reseller capacity drive
- Most Aussie NBN resellers are yet to make speed claim change - ACCC
- NBN puts HFC rollout on hold
- 42,000 Telstra FTTN and FTTB customers to be compensated over NBN speeds
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- LG V30+ review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPBusiness Consultant - Dynamics CRMWA
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- TPELearning and Change OfficerVIC
- CCReact.js DeveloperQLD
- FTMid-level Drupal DeveloperQLD
- FTSolution Designer/ Architect | 6mth ContractOther
- CCPega ArchitectVIC
- CCDataPower AdministratorVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- TPICT Manager | Business SystemsVIC
- CCGIS SpecialistNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Android DeveloperOther
- CCSite Acquisition Coordinator - Sydney basedNSW
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- CCDynamics CRM Functional ConsultantQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- CCAdvisory Project Manager - Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- CCRadio Frequency Design EngineerSA
- TPTechnical Consultant - SOE, SCCMNSW
- TPPrincipal Project Manager|HRIS ProgramQLD
- TPDigital SupportVIC
- FTProject Manager (Business / Compliance focused)SA
- FTGun Java Developers wantedVIC
- FTAPI Developer | Back EndOther