Sony Electronics showed off its latest high-definition televisions Wednesday. The new HDTV models reflect the company's emphasis on improved color reproduction, fast 240Hz refresh rates, and Internet connectivity.
Sony - News
Sony unleashed two new model Walkmans in its latest effort to put a dent in Apple's stranglehold of the digital music player market.
Sony unveiled the latest addition to its Cybershot digital still camera on Thursday. The DSC-G3 "Wi-Fi Cybershot" camera has a built-in browser, and through it users can upload pictures and video right after they are taken.
Sony's new Vaio P netbook made its debut in Las Vegas at CES. It's a diminutive 1.4-pound miniturized laptop with an 8-inch 1600-by-768 resolution screen. I was among the lucky few to get my hands on a pre-production evaluation unit from Sony. In the...
Sony has brought to CES a flexible color OLED (organic light-emitting diode) screen that could be seen in future, highly portable electronics devices.
Released last year, the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T700 was the first digital camera to offer an on-board 4GB flash drive. With the announcement of the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-G3 at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, the company has augmented the T700'...
High-definition camcorders may be the trend du jour, but Sony's the latest company to hoping that megazoom models will gain marquee status, too.
Sony's big news announcement at CES involves a very tiny package. But don't call it a netbook. Sony spokesfolk were adamant that--even though the newcomer packs an Intel Atom processor and 2GB of RAM--this superslim P-series computer is a lifestyle m...
Sony has launched a teaser ad campaign for a new "revolutionary" Vaio laptop that appears destined to debut at January's Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
Today Sony unveiled the HDR-FX1000: a new HDV Handycam aimed at the prosumer and high-end consumer markets.
For the PlayStation Portable, firmware update 5.0 has been released, bringing with it the opportunity to browse and download content directly to your PSP from the PlayStation Store. Previously, content needed to be downloaded to a PC or PS3 first bef...
It is rumoured that Sony plans to drop the price of its standalone Blu-Ray players by US$100 next month.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Sony's PlayStation 4 Pro finally adds 4K video support for local files
- Sony's virtual reality suit is why people go to SXSW
- Study predicts PS3 will win the console war
- Sony finally back in the black (but not thanks to PlayStation)
- Sony returns to profit, cuts full-year loss forecast
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSecurity ConsultantVIC
- CCService Delivery Analyst - Port MacquarieNSW
- TPSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTIntegration Specialist - TIBCONSW
- CCFiori ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaACT
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTAsst. Director - Claim Analysis. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- TPTesting SpecialistQLD
- FTMarket Data Analyst, Investment BankingNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager | DETQLD
- FT.Net Developer - work on cutting edge BAU projectsVIC
- TPSenior .NET Developer (Angular or React)NSW
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- TPSenior Project Officer HSQQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - PegaNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager (Wealth)NSW
- CCSenior UNIX AdministratorNSW
- CCIT Information ArchitectNSW
- FTSolution Architect (Voice/DATA/Network)SA
- CCVisual DesignerACT
- FTCitrix Engineer/Designer - AWS experience essentialNSW
- TPIT Service ManagerNSW
- CCUser ResearchNSW