You can't use the PlayStation 4 Pro to play UHD Blu-ray, but if you have any locally saved 4K files you can watch them on Sony's console.
South by Southwest isn't CES, and that's a good thing. It's all about bringing bizarre prototypes and big ideas to life, like Sony did with its Wow Factory.
Boasting a 5in, full HD 1080p display, a 13-megapixel camera and water and dust-resistance, the glass-clad Xperia Z is easily the best smartphone Sony has ever produced.
The Sony Xperia TX has an excellent display, a good UI overlay and a distinctive arc-style design. However, it offers little that we haven't already seen on rival devices, making it a good smartphone that lacks any real wow factor.
Sony's Alpha SLT-A57Y is a 16-megapixel, mid-sized digital camera that's designed to appease users who want something relatively easy to use, yet also capable of capturing very clear and vibrant images. It's a camera that we grew to love the more we used it, primarily for those reasons, but also for its overall speed.
The Sony NEX-F3 is the replacement for the NEX-C3, bringing a host of new features like a built-in flash and flip-up 3-inch LCD screen. It has every feature that you’d expect to find on a high-end compact or entry-level digital SLR camera -- it’s simple to use, reasonably compact, and can produce detailed photos.
If you live an active lifestyle and need a phone that can take a bit of punishment, the Sony Xperia go's dust and water resistant capabilities should certainly get your attention.
When we first had a look at Sony’s Muteki 7.2-channel home theatre hi-fi system, we were impressed with the sheer amount of audio power it could muster.
The Sony Tablet S, which incorporated a curved design that attempted to resemble a folded magazine, is one of the most distinctive tablets on the market. Sony has kept much of the same formula for its new Xperia Tablet S but has revamped the design and added some interesting new features.
The Sony VAIO T Series is a 13.3in Ultrabook that has been designed to look good and offer lots of processing power in a thin chassis. It's based on an Intel Core i7-3517U CPU, which runs at 1.9GHz, and it's suitable not only for office work, but also for tougher tasks such as media encoding. Along with the fast CPU, you also get a very quick solid state drive and superb battery life.
The Sony DSC-RX100 has surpassed all our expectations for what a compact digital camera can do. It's tiny enough to be carried in a pants pocket (even if you prefer a tight style), yet it can produce image quality that some digital SLRs can't come close to.
The Sony Xperia U has a compact design, good build quality and a functional user interface and is only let down by a lack of internal memory and an older version of Google's Android software.
Android tablets are flying thick and fast as the platform continues to evolve, but most of them look similar. Sony has attempted to distinguish itself with the S2: a clamshell Android tablet with dual-screens.
It has taken a little longer than expected, but Sony has finally joined the rest of the tech world in unveiling an Android tablet. The Sony Tablet S has a 9.4in touchscreen display and runs the Google Android 3.1 Honeycomb platform that is specifically designed for tablet devices.
Need an all-in-one printer for your fast paced mobile lifestyle? Read this review to find out more!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 2 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 4 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 5 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Sony's PlayStation 4 Pro finally adds 4K video support for local files
- Sony's virtual reality suit is why people go to SXSW
- Study predicts PS3 will win the console war
- Sony finally back in the black (but not thanks to PlayStation)
- Sony returns to profit, cuts full-year loss forecast
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
- Ford Everest Trend RWD 3.2L Diesel review
- Ford Everest Trend in its natural habitat
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPTest Analyst - Web ApplicationsQLD
- FTApplication SupportOther
- FTTest Manager - Applications - NSW GovernmentOther
- CCRobotics Automation Designer (Pega) - Contract - Financial Services - SydneyNSW
- FTSenior Analyst/Delivery LeadOther
- FTPMO Project AnalystOther
- FTManager, Cyber SecurityOther
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- CCJunior Business AnalystWA
- FTService Desk EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Network EngineerVIC
- CCCloud Engineer - AzureVIC
- FT.Net DeveloperOther
- TPETL DeveloperACT
- CCInformatica MDM ArchitectNSW
- FTSAP Utilities Functional LeadOther
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - PermVIC
- FTDesktop Support AnalystOther
- FTDrupal DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior System EngineerNSW
- CCOSS Engineer l Level 3 supportNSW
- CCIT Change CoordinatorNSW
- TPProject Manager - ApplicationsQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer | Data Feeds | SaaS FintechOther