You can't use the PlayStation 4 Pro to play UHD Blu-ray, but if you have any locally saved 4K files you can watch them on Sony's console.
South by Southwest isn't CES, and that's a good thing. It's all about bringing bizarre prototypes and big ideas to life, like Sony did with its Wow Factory.
Boasting a 5in, full HD 1080p display, a 13-megapixel camera and water and dust-resistance, the glass-clad Xperia Z is easily the best smartphone Sony has ever produced.
The Sony Xperia TX has an excellent display, a good UI overlay and a distinctive arc-style design. However, it offers little that we haven't already seen on rival devices, making it a good smartphone that lacks any real wow factor.
Sony's Alpha SLT-A57Y is a 16-megapixel, mid-sized digital camera that's designed to appease users who want something relatively easy to use, yet also capable of capturing very clear and vibrant images. It's a camera that we grew to love the more we used it, primarily for those reasons, but also for its overall speed.
The Sony NEX-F3 is the replacement for the NEX-C3, bringing a host of new features like a built-in flash and flip-up 3-inch LCD screen. It has every feature that you’d expect to find on a high-end compact or entry-level digital SLR camera -- it’s simple to use, reasonably compact, and can produce detailed photos.
If you live an active lifestyle and need a phone that can take a bit of punishment, the Sony Xperia go's dust and water resistant capabilities should certainly get your attention.
When we first had a look at Sony’s Muteki 7.2-channel home theatre hi-fi system, we were impressed with the sheer amount of audio power it could muster.
The Sony Tablet S, which incorporated a curved design that attempted to resemble a folded magazine, is one of the most distinctive tablets on the market. Sony has kept much of the same formula for its new Xperia Tablet S but has revamped the design and added some interesting new features.
The Sony VAIO T Series is a 13.3in Ultrabook that has been designed to look good and offer lots of processing power in a thin chassis. It's based on an Intel Core i7-3517U CPU, which runs at 1.9GHz, and it's suitable not only for office work, but also for tougher tasks such as media encoding. Along with the fast CPU, you also get a very quick solid state drive and superb battery life.
The Sony DSC-RX100 has surpassed all our expectations for what a compact digital camera can do. It's tiny enough to be carried in a pants pocket (even if you prefer a tight style), yet it can produce image quality that some digital SLRs can't come close to.
The Sony Xperia U has a compact design, good build quality and a functional user interface and is only let down by a lack of internal memory and an older version of Google's Android software.
Android tablets are flying thick and fast as the platform continues to evolve, but most of them look similar. Sony has attempted to distinguish itself with the S2: a clamshell Android tablet with dual-screens.
It has taken a little longer than expected, but Sony has finally joined the rest of the tech world in unveiling an Android tablet. The Sony Tablet S has a 9.4in touchscreen display and runs the Google Android 3.1 Honeycomb platform that is specifically designed for tablet devices.
Is your IT system growing at pace with your business? Here are 5 reasons why you should consider the move to Cloud ERP now.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Sony's PlayStation 4 Pro finally adds 4K video support for local files
- Sony's virtual reality suit is why people go to SXSW
- Study predicts PS3 will win the console war
- Sony finally back in the black (but not thanks to PlayStation)
- Sony returns to profit, cuts full-year loss forecast
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCTechnical Business AnalystSA
- FTTest AnalystNSW
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- FTSolution Architect x 2 (ETL/SSIS)NSW
- FTSQL Server Database DeveloperSA
- TPPMO LeadNSW
- CCProject Communications and Engagement SpecialistQLD
- CCSystems AdminNSW
- FTAsst. Director - Claim AnalysisACT
- FTProject ManagerQLD
- FTDeveloper - Python, Ruby, or PerlQLD
- FTIT Helpdesk AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst Forecaster - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystWA
- FTVDI EngineerACT
- TPAgile Project Manager. Lean ProductivityNSW
- FTData Analyst - Tableau and Power BI suiteNSW
- FTERP Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTSystem AnalystsACT
- FTData Analyst - GISQLD
- FTMobile Studio Lead/ Mobile UX LeadNSW
- FTHealthcare Application Integration Support - Brisbane BasedWA
- FTWeb Developer | Parramatta | Initial 6 month contractNSW
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerACT
- TPProgram Manager - 12 month contractQLD