Sony is hoping to return its PlayStation business to profitability next year with the help of new hardware devices and expansion of its network-delivered services platform, it said Thursday.
Brand Centre - News
Sony has spent years struggling to adjust to the digital age but its chief Howard Stringer Thursday sought to make the case that it has found its footing.
Acer executives have grumbled about the performance of Intel's processors for thin and light laptops but suggested that faster chips are coming early next year.
Sony issued a recall for some AC adapters used with all-in-one Vaio PCs and docking stations as they pose the risk of causing electric shock, the company said.
Sony on Thursday unveiled an impressive 3D display that can be viewed from any direction. The screen, development of which was announced earlier this week, is on show until Sunday at the DC Expo in Tokyo.
Sony is offering a PlayStation 3 Slim games console free with the purchase of selected Bravia LCD televisions.
Dell next year will close its desktop computer manufacturing plant in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, as the company tightens costs in a difficult market.
Sony has developed a movie camera capable of shooting 3D images with a single lens and plans to unveil it at next week's Ceatec show in Tokyo.
Dell today announced the release of its latest SMB notebook, the Latitude Z. Billed as the world's "slimmest and lightest 16-inch laptop" the Dell Latitude Z notebook has been designed for SMB workers who require something smart, portable and ultra-s...
The PlayStation 3 Slim gaming console from Sony Computer Entertainment is not only smaller and cheaper, but adds hardware enhancements that make it speedier, including a new Cell microprocessor.
HP today announced a partnership with retail chain Kmart which would see the printer manufacturer roll out its Retail Publishing Solutions across 184 stores nationwide. The roll-out is expected to be completed over the course of a few months.
More than seven years after pulling out of the Australian market, Gateway PC -- the brand with the cow-themed logo -- will return to Australia on 15 August with a range of notebooks targeted at fashion-conscious consumers.
Acer's plans to launch an Aspire One netbook running Google's Android operating system have been shelved.
Acer remains on track to launch a version of its Aspire One netbook with Google's Android mobile operating system in the third quarter of this year, a company representative said Wednesday.
The majority of consumers are misinformed about the biggest source of printing pollution, a new survey shows. Up to 64 per cent of those surveyed believed that ink and toner use and disposal was the largest contributor to a printer's or multifunction...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung to detail new Tizen OS for smart home appliances, IoT devices
- HPE is bringing Optane storage to Unix servers
- HP rolls out patch to fix keylogging bug in certain laptops
- Some HP PCs are recording your keystrokes
- Rumor suggests the Note8 will be a bigger S8+ that adds a missing feature
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTBUSINESS TECHNOLOGY PARTNERVIC
- CCJunior to Mid-level Project Manager- TelcoVIC
- CCSenior Digital BANSW
- FTPMO CoordinatorVIC
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerACT
- FTPMO LeadNSW
- TPTechnical ArchitectVIC
- CCDesigner - Salesforce Marketing CloudVIC
- FTSnr Technical Salesforce Consultant Global IT Managed Services - SydneyNSW
- FTSenior Ruby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - Solutions and ApplicationsQLD
- CCWintel Server EngineerNSW
- FTSoftware Development ManagerACT
- CCSystems Analyst- Port MacquarieQLD
- FTNodeJS and AngularJS DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Microwave Transmission EngineerNSW
- FTLooking for Software TestersACT
- FTIT Systems EngineerTAS
- FTSenior Software Developer (x3)WA
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - Technology and StrategyQLD
- FTBusiness Development Manager IT Software & Primary HealthcareQLD