If you hate waiting for your smartphone to charge up, relief is coming soon. After some hiccups, Qualcomm's superfast charging technology, called Quick Charge 4, will be in smartphones around the middle of this year.
Batteries, Power, Energy and Renewables
Apple could be developing its own power management chips, according to a report from German private bank Bankhaus Lampe. The release of the report led to a sharp drop in the shares of Dialog Semiconductors, the current supplier of these chips to the iPhone maker.
Phone Arena benchmarked the battery in the Galaxy S8+ and found that it got 8 hours, better than any other Android phone and even besting the iPhone 7. But Samsung's default settings limit the display's full potential.
Tesla CEO Elon Musk today tweeted an update on the sale of his company's latest product, roof shingles that double as solar power generators.
San Diego Gas & Electric unveiled a new pilot energy storage substation that utilizes a vanadium redox flow (VRF) battery storage system that can store up to 2 million watts of electricity.
While President Trump’s budget proposal is just that – a spending plan for Congress to consider – industry experts say it could translate into big cuts for renewable energy.
Chinese smartphone maker Meizu claims its Super mCharge technology can recharge batteries in as little as 20 minutes.
Razer's latest product is an external battery that can charge up to three devices at once.
All the features you want from a surge suppressor, and for a reasonable price.
As our personal electronic devices get more complex, researchers say cosmic rays could put them at a greater risk of operational failure.
In the age of Pokemon Go, the person with the most-charged phone is king. There’s much to love about the cute critters, but as players are all too aware, the one special power that they all share is Phone Battery Vampire.
A new tide of demand for high-performance computer equipment is sweeping the world, as eSports becomes a major form of entertainment and spectator activity. With that, the technology supporting eSports is maturing rapidly.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Qualcomm's Quick Charge 4 is coming in phones midyear
- Apple is developing its own power management chips, says analyst
- Galaxy S8+ gets high marks in battery test, but that might not tell the whole story
- Tesla to begin taking orders for its solar roof shingles
- San Diego installs massive flow battery that can power 1,000 homes
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ring Video Doorbell review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSAP CRM Functional ConsultantsACT
- FTRecruitment Consultant - Major AccountsOther
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTService Delivery CoordinatorOther
- FTTechnical Lead Front-endNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTIntegration Specialist - TIBCOOther
- TPPMO ManagerQLD
- FTNetwork Engineer - IP routing & switchingOther
- TPSolution ArchitectWA
- CCHelpdesk Support - L2VIC
- FTAgile Test LeadOther
- TPDevOps EngineerQLD
- FTSAP Release ManagerQLD
- FTSoftware Licensing and Contract AnalystOther
- FTHFC Network Modeller | 6mth ContractOther
- FTProject Implementation ManagerOther
- TPProject ManagerACT
- FTFusion Middleware DeveloperACT
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityNSW
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerQLD
- FTEnterprise Transformation ArchitectOther
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerOther