For $250 you should just buy a vastly superior point-and-shoot camera.
Re looks nothing like a conventional compact camera. There’s no display and it has barely any buttons. The body is cylindrical and its only popping design trait is a large, peering lens. Frankly, it looks like a submarine’s periscope.
No-cost utilities and services can help you find, organize, and wrangle your media files--or enjoy some great video online.
Best deals of the week: 26 February
The Canon EOS 550D is a brand new entry-level digital SLR camera that slots in just above the EOS 500D and just below the EOS 50D in Canon's range.
Pick up some good gadgets with great prices!
Panasonic recently unveiled its new range of Lumix digital cameras — its biggest range of models to date. The company showcased 13 new models including two new TZ 'travel series' point-and-shoot cameras. We took the new Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ10 for a hands-on spin around the streets of Melbourne.
Grab cheap printers, TVs and a free game on the way back to school
The Nikon CoolPix S570 is a 12.1-megapixel, point-and-shoot digital camera with some nifty features. It's ideal for people who wouldn't be comfortable with a more complex model, and for $249 you get a camera that's also stylish.
We braved bedbugs, bad PR people, long taxi lines, and greasy convention-center food, all to find the hottest new gadgets and gear.
The Olympus Mju Tough 6010 is a 12-megapixel compact digital camera with a 3.6x zoom lens. It's a ruggedised camera that can survive a 1.5m drop, a stint in -10 degrees Celsius, or a dunk in water up to three metres deep — perfect for travellers, fans of extreme sports or anyone with butterfingers. It maintains the good build quality and all-weather performance of earlier Olympus Tough models, with image quality that is acceptable but unspectacular apart from good low-light performance.
It's no secret that the right frame, finished in the perfect color and style, can improve almost any photo.
In a lot of ways, megapixels aren't that important. You'll never be able to detect the difference between an 8-megapixel and a 12-megapixel photo when looking at the picture on a computer screen, for example, because your monitor only shows about 1 or 2 megapixels of information anyway. So unless you're making poster-sized prints or doing a lot of deep zooming and cropping, who cares how many pixels there are?
The Panasonic Lumix DMC-FS42 is an entry-level compact digital camera aimed at casual photographers and shoppers on a budget.
The 24X optical-zoom Pentax X70 is one of the lightest, smallest megazoom cameras on the market, but it maintains "bigness" where it should: in the lens.
With no financial or accounting background it can be tricky for small business owners to get on top of their financials. Reckon One can help you overcome this challenge.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- Camera app makers tap into RAW power with iOS, and look forward to dual lenses
- Google Camera 3.2 lets you snap pictures while recording video
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Sony α7S II aimed film-makers and low light photographers
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- Google WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTIT Service Delivery ManagerNSW
- CCGuidewire Business Analyst - Brisbane basedVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTChange Implementation ManagerOther
- FTSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTSAP Environment LeadQLD
- FTSenior Agile ConsultantOther
- FTSenior Project Manager - Transmission and RAN DeploymentsOther
- CCFleet Management System Specialist - Brisbane or AdelaideWA
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerWA
- FTSenior Business Analyst- Online/Website application developmentOther
- CCSAP Hana DeveloperACT
- TP.Net Developer - 5 weeks contract - START NOWQLD
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerQLD
- FTSecurity ArchitectOther
- FTNetwork and Security EngineerOther
- CCProgram CoordinatorQLD
- FTSenior RF EngineerSA
- TPSharepoint DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior HFC EngineerNSW
- FTCustomer Support OperatorSA
- FTPMO Project AnalystOther
- FTProject Coordinator - DigitalOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther