Much as we love WiFi, even the latest routers can have trouble reaching important places. For many people this means connecting a main computer or a games console to a router in another part of the house – and PC users don’t like connecting by WiFi: it’s just plain wrong (plus the unreliability of ping and connection speed is not good for things like gaming).
Back to School
We like the Google Pixel phone. But it’s ugly. And if you’re spending that much on a phone then you should probably protect it.
Bose is better at masking jet-engine drone, but Sony is no slouch on that score and ultimately it offers the better-sounding cans.
It’s called the X Power because it has a 4,100mAh battery which is the biggest on the market. The next largest is the 4,000mAh unit in the excellent Huawei Mate 8. Even the iPhone 7 Plus hits just 2,900mAh. The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge is 3,600mAh.
Any $269 smartphone is sure to have flaws, and this does, but it's still good value.
No matter how much you love Apple gear, you’re going to have trouble loving AirPods.
Once you upgrade to iOS 10, take some time to peruse the Settings app to tweak your device to your liking.
The FBI’s refusal to reveal how it accessed an iPhone 5c from the San Bernardino shooter will face scrutiny in court. USA Today’s parent company and two other news group have filed a lawsuit against the agency, demanding it turn over the details.
The FBI has issued a plea for those who have been hit by ransomware to report this to federal law enforcement so that the country can get a better sense of just how bad this problem really is.
The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus are worth the upgrade if you want an amazing camera, water resistance, and better battery life.
Toshiba's new OCZ VX500 SSD line will retail for 30 cents to 37 cents per gigabyte, among the lowest for NAND flash memory.
If you weren't testing out the beta version of iOS 10, be careful when updating your iPhone.
It's another sign that Google is abandoning the longtime Nexus name in favor of 'Pixel' for its upcoming smartphones.
A Brooklyn man yesterday sued Apple in federal court, claiming the company misled him and others when it pitched the iPhone Upgrade Program last year.
Faster apps, a new Dock, and a bigger focus on fitness will give your first-generation Apple Watch a new feel.
Get complimentary strategy guide here
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Settings in iOS 10: Every notable change you need to know
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Toshiba's new SSD line features rock-bottom pricing
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- Google WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior DevOps Consultant, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTSenior Software Developer (x3)Other
- FTApplication Support EngineerACT
- FTSenior Cloud Engineer and SME, AWS, AzureNSW
- FTSOE ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior Front End DevelopersOther
- CCPalo Alto Network Security ExpertQLD
- CCCognos Lead / Cognos Developer - CANBERRA BASEDQLD
- FT.Net DeveloperQLD
- FTHFC Network Modeller | 6mth ContractOther
- CCCore Java Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCAgile Delivery SpecialistACT
- CCPalo Alto Network Security Expert - BRISBANEWA
- FTSenior Recruitment Specialist |Other
- FTSenior Back End Developer - C++/Perl/PythonOther
- CCAMI ArchitectWA
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- FTApplication Support Analyst - SMSF solutionsOther
- TPTest ManagerNSW
- FTProject Manager- Infrastructure & cloud computingOther
- TPSAP ABAP ConsultantWA
- FTBusiness Analyst - Agile & Digital FocusOther
- FTSOE EngineerOther
- FTAccount ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Application Support Consultant (2IC)QLD