Bose recently updated its QuietComfort 15 and AE2i headphones with iPod- and iPhone-friendly cables with in-line remote controls. The QuietComfort 15 is the better and more expensive set of the two -- their very impressive active noise cancelling doe...
AV Enthusiast Centre - Reviews
The Panasonic DMR-PWT500 fits a Blu-ray and DVD player into a personal video recorder with a HD tuner -- it’s like the Samsung BD-C8900, except with twin tuners. Like the BD-C8900 it’s quite stylish and has some nifty extra features, but you’re payin...
The Yamaha BD-S671 is a very well built Blu-ray player with a basic feature-set. It doesn't have the diverse range of Internet and video-on-demand gubbins that you can find in Blu-ray players from LG, Sony or Samsung (and Panasonic, to an extent), bu...
The Bose AE2i headphones are an update designed to appeal to the Apple crowd, with an in-line volume control and multifunction button that works with iPhones, iPods and MacBooks alike.
The Sony BDP-S580 is the best Blu-ray player that Sony makes. The only thing that makes it better than the $50 cheaper BDP-S480, though, is its integrated Wi-Fi networking -- something we don't think should come at an extra price. If you're willing t...
The Sony BRAVIA KDL-55HX925 is, surprisingly, the smallest model in the company’s top range of LED-backlit LCD televisions. Despite being a 55in panel it’s dwarfed by the gargantuan 65in KDL-65HX925, which hasn’t been released yet but will command a ...
Bang & Olufsen has built its brand around extremely well constructed products with a signature look -- lots of brushed aluminium and glossy black accents. The new B&O EarSet 3i headphones are no different, and their sound quality is of a high standar...
The LG 47LW6500 is the first 'Cinema 3D' panel we've had the chance to take a look at -- LG is the only manufacturer in Australia opting for passive rather than active 3D in its LED TVs. The technology promises to get rid of headaches while offering ...
The Sony BDP-S480 sits in the middle of Sony's line-up -- it's $30 more expensive than the cheap Sony BDP-S380, but this small price premium gets you 3D video playback and remote control via a free iOS or Android app on your smartphone. We don't thin...
The Samsung Series 8 (PS59D8000) is a 59in 3D plasma TV that builds on the high quality and impressive performance of last year's Series 7 plasma. It's got an excellent plasma panel and can display a great deal of detail from Full HD video, with almo...
The Series 8 is Samsung’s top-tier LED TV, with all the features of lesser TVs as well as boosts to picture quality and video processing. If you can afford to pay for it it’s an excellent TV with no crippling flaws -- the few problems are mainly rest...
The Sony BRAVIA KDL-46HX820 is an upgrade from last year’s HX800, which won our Editor’s Choice award for its combination of excellent picture quality and useful BRAVIA Internet Video service. The HX820 expands on the HX800’s setup with a new design,...
The Sony STR-DH820 amplifier is a mid-level A/V receier that supports 3D video pass-through. It'd make a good addition to a low-budget 3D home cinema, and its auto calibration works well to optimise a surround sound speaker setup.
Sony's STR-DH520 is an entry-level surround sound amplifier that supports pass-through of 3D signals, so you can use it with a 3D TV and 3D Blu-ray player — there's no need to buy a low-quality all-in-one 3D home theatre system.
Sony's entry-level Blu-ray player, the BDP-S380, has an impressively wide range of features. It's a great player for watching Blu-ray movies, but it also has BRAVIA Internet Video for Web features like streaming ABC iView.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 3 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 4 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Convoy International restructures business focus
- Samsung is giving away free 3D glasses
- HTC joins with Beats By Dr. Dre
- Universal 3D glasses coming in 2012
- JB Hi-Fi three hour sale cuts prices on Apple Macs, TVs and cameras
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Datacentre / StorageVIC
- FTSenior Marketing Manager | Global Technology CompanyNSW
- FTRelease / Implementation ManagerSA
- FTSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Field Services ManagerNSW
- CCSSIS / SSRS DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSales Lead - Healthcare systemsVIC
- FTChange Manager, Agile Environment, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTMobile Apps TesterWA
- FTImplementation Engineer - NetApp DATA ONTAPWA
- FTTest Manager / Test LeadQLD
- FTSenior Business Development Manager| SMSF/Accounting SoftwareNSW
- TPSecurity AdvisorACT
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- TPSoftware Engineer / DeveloperQLD
- CCData ArchitectWA
- FTDevelopment LeadVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSystems Analyst- Port MacquarieQLD
- TPSOE EngineerACT
- FTBI BA Consultant l Microstrategy, Business ObjectsNSW
- TPNetwork and Systems AdministratorNSW