Hoping to get self-driving vehicle companies to share a common platform rather than design from scratch, Baidu said Tuesday it would offer its technology for autonomous driving to other companies, while also partnering in the joint sourcing of components and hardware.
Tesla CEO Elon Musk today tweeted an update on the sale of his company's latest product, roof shingles that double as solar power generators.
Ford is hiring 400 engineers to support its efforts to build connected-vehicle tech and plans to establish a new Research and Engineering Center to focus on connectivity in Ottawa, Ontario.
It's pretty and simple to drive. But does buying this mean you've given up on life?
Small, autonomous shuttles have been transporting passengers around Sion, Switzerland for free in an attempt to integrate autonomous vehicles into cities.
Ever wanted to see what happens in the garage? What the team eats and drinks? What they look like when they're chilling between races? Good Gear Guide goes the hard yards to find out
All eyes might be on the big new cars, swept-back front wings, massive rear tyres, neck muscle definition of the drivers, but absolutely nobody is paying any attention to one of the most prominent parts of pit lane...
It's day one of the first Grand Prix of the 2017 season. We did the first Pit Lane tour and took a bunch of pictures.
Is it Subaru's prettiest car ever? What's it like to drive? Would we buy one? Should you?
Surviving SXSW without Uber and Lyft had its hiccups, but it wasn't as bad as it could have been.
It's been a year since the U.S. Army began researching the use of a British-built hoverbike as an autonomous delivery drone for battlefields, and it recently showed off its progress.
Intel is absorbing its autonomous driving partner, Mobileye, as the chip maker takes on Nvidia and others for the future of self-driving cars.
The test system, known as DevLoop, is located in the Nevada desert and built by LA-based company Hyperloop One, which hopes to begin testing the apparatus this year.
The MSI PC World and Good Gear Guide Giveaway has launched and you have the chance to win one of 10 prize packs.
The total prize pack is valued at AU$150.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Baidu to share autonomous vehicle technology
- Tesla to begin taking orders for its solar roof shingles
- Ford hires 400 mobile connectivity engineers
- You won't find a steering wheel or a driver on this autonomous shuttle
- Lessons from SXSW: Life without Uber is mostly fine
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBusiness Process AnalystWA
- TPLevel 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTWindows Server Engineer MCSE, SCCM, SCOM, PowershellNSW
- CCJava Developer IntegrationQLD
- FTRegional Market Manager - Wide Bay RegionQLD
- FTNetwork Engineer - CCNP - WeipaQLD
- CCSystems AdminNSW
- FTService Delivery AnalystNSW
- FTDevelopment Team LeadQLD
- FTContracts & Procurement Support OfficerACT
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMSA
- FTDigital Sales Account Manager - Global Ecommerce BrandNSW
- FTSenior IT Domain SpecialistVIC
- FTSecurity EngineerACT
- TPPHP Developer - Immediate startQLD
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- TPBusiness Project Manager - DigitalNSW
- FTDrupal Developer - Senior or Mid levelQLD
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)WA
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA