A critical vulnerability is affecting 600 million Samsung devices including the company’s new flagship device, the S6.
Apps - News
Car service company Uber has partnered with music streaming service Spotify to allow playlists to be played in Uber taxis.
Android users in Melbourne’s CBD are the most at risk sector of the community for malware threats according to a report released by F-secure.
St George Bank has activated Touch ID login for its iOS mobile application following the successful implementation and trials of the biometric technology by subsidiary, Bank of Melbourne.
The Bank of Melbourne has claimed a first by adding support for biometric technology within its mobile banking application.
If you have trouble recognising your rump from your tenderloin, you probably need the Meat Cuts app, which gives you a visual breakdown of the different parts of beef, lamb, veal, and goat. Yes, goat. (Our Mobile Editor, Tony Ibrahim loves goat.)
The 2014 World Cup has just wrapped up in Brazil and Argentina were not the only losers according to security vendor Trend Micro.
Coles customers now have another tap-and-go option when paying at the checkout with the introduction of Coles Mobile Wallet.
Fetch TV has launched a desktop application programmed to block all FIFA World Cup results for those of you unfortunate enough to miss out on the live action.
Delivery Hero announced it has partnered with Samsung to make its app part of Samsung Wallet.
Trend Micro has launched free Heartbleed scanners for PC and Android devices.
Google has made it possible to access your Windows or Mac PC computer on your smartphone. Doing so requires two things: an Android smartphone and the Chrome browser.
Mozilla is on track to debut the new "Australis" user interface for Firefox next month after promoting the UI to its beta build last week.
McAfee has released a free version of its mobile security app.
Children now have their very own travel app for iOS devices.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gboard update brings text selection mode and resizing to Android keyboard app
- Google might be gearing up to remove millions of Play Store apps next month
- WhatsApp finally launches video calling
- Google Play is cracking down on fake reviews and fraudulent install numbers
- Google Maps for Android adds 'OK Google' voice, navigation commands and other search tricks
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- FTFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- CCTelecommunication Business SpecialistVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- FTTest AnalystNSW
- FTPMO Lead, Project Delivery PracticeNSW
- CCResource AnalystNSW
- FTSystem AnalystSA
- CCInteraction DesignerNSW
- FTFront End .Net Developer. Permanent job . ACT LocationACT
- CCSecurity ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Infrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- TPSOE EngineerACT
- FTProject Manager - Data MigrationNSW
- FTGraduate Technical ConsultantACT
- FTDigital Sales Account Manager - Global Ecommerce BrandNSW
- TPProject ServicesACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTBusiness Analyst - BI, Analytics & Big DataNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager IT HealthcareQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- TPSenior SQL Database AdministratorNSW
- TPPrincipal Project Officer - ReportingQLD