ZJMedia WinAVI Video Converter
A nice little video conversion utility that creates VCDs, SVCDs and DVDs.
- Interface is elegant and simple, works as advertised
- Doesn't convert to iPod or any other MPEG-4/h.264 format
WinAVI Video Converter works as advertised, although to get rid of the free demo version's watermarks you'll need to shell out for the full version. Our only caveat is that if you work with video often, you might be happier in the long run with something more full-featured (if more expensive). Cyberlink's PowerDirector, for instance, supports more formats (including FLV and h.264), and offers video editing to boot.
Price$ 47.71 (AUD)
WinAVI Video Converter is a nice little video conversion utility that creates VCDs, SVCDs and DVDs.
We converted a number of files to WMV, AVI, RM (Realmedia) and MPEG-1/2 using the program and created a single DVD with nary a problem. However, it doesn't convert to iPod or any other MPEG-4/h.264 format.
As well as in effect counting out the world's number one media player, this aspect if WinAVI Video Converter is an issue in terms of disk space - h.264 can save you a lot of it compared to AVI, WMV and MPEG-1/2.
The other thing lacking in WinAVI Video Converter is FLV import (the favoured format of YouTube and may other video sites), for which you'll need to buy a different product from the company - WinAVI FLV Converter.
The WinAVI Video Converter interface is elegant and simple. Choose the destination format using the buttons on the main screen, choose a file to convert and its destination, then click ok and wait.
Unfortunately, though we had the latest version of Quicktime Lite installed, WinAVI Video Converter didn't recognise it. We went to the full version of Quicktime and WinAVI Converter still balked. This seemed odd, as it did seem to recognise other DirectShow filters such as Xvid.
Join the newsletter!
Why virtualise your NAS environment?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 4 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Transport for NSW boosts digital experience with Amazon Alexa
- Irdeto Acquires Denuvo
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- MWC 2018: Everything You Need To Know
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCProject Manager-SCADANSW
- CCPackager / Packager TesterNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperACT
- FTApplication Support Analyst- SMSF AdministratorOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTSecurity Clearances OfficerACT
- FTCommercial Contracts AnalystOther
- CCDigital Designer & DeveloperNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- FTStorage Operations ManagerOther
- CCSenior Internet Applications EngineerNSW
- TPPrincipal Project ManagerQLD
- TPSenior Software DeveloperSA
- CCScrum Master - Online DigitalVIC
- CCInteraction DesignerNSW
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- CCSQL Database AdministratorQLD
- CCDigital Designer & DeveloperNSW
- FTJunior ServiceNow Technical AnalystOther
- CCSenior Network Security EngineerVIC
- CCiOS DeveloperQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystOther