Zensonic Z710 Wireless Headphones
- Recharger on base station, low cost, good range
- Low-level white noise, slightly uncomfortable cups
The Z710 is a low-cost analog wireless headphone set. It's decent for the money, but can't match the digital wireless headphones for quality.
Price$ 99.00 (AUD)
With some nice features and decent audio quality, the analog Zensonic Z710 wireless headphones are good value for $99, but they won't knock the socks off audio purists.
The discreet base station, roughly the size of a pack of cards, acts both as transmitter and recharger for the headphones. Multiple sets of Zensonic headphones can tune into the one broadcast from a base station.
The closed-cup headphones are mid-sized, with integral volume control and tuning dial (to tune to base station). We found the elongated cups a little on the hard and uncomfortable side, and the elastic bridge does not allow fixed adjustments for those of us with wacky-shaped heads, but your mileage may vary. The official frequency response range of the headphones is 20Hz to 20kHz, and Zensonic claims less than 1% distortion and a SNR of greater than 45dB.
In our tests, the headphones demonstrated excellent range, moving undiminished through several rooms and walls, up to 15m away from the base station (Zensonic claims it's capable of reception up to 100m). In spite of our intense tuning efforts, and switching between the three available channels on the base station, we could not eliminate a distracting low-frequency line noise from the transmission. This line noise was present at all ranges, although the intensity often varied depending on intervening objects between the headphones and the base station. We also lost transmission on several occasions at long range, and had to re-tune the headphones. The headphones operate in the 815MHz frequency range, avoiding the 2.4GHz frequency used by Wi-Fi.
The quality of the audio from the cups was excellent, delivering very clean bass and good high ranges. Its volume was a bit limited, but should be enough unless you really like to blow your eardrums. According to Zensonic, the two AAA batteries deliver about 5 to 6 hours running time, and the recharger on the base station ensures that you're unlikely to ever need to switch batteries.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Jaybird go true wireless with new RUN earbuds
- HyperX Reveals Next Generation Cloud Alpha Gaming Headset
- Jabra upgrade their Elite Sport wireless earbuds
- Everything Samsung Just Announced At IFA 2017
- Apple's AirPods could deliver audio with multiple wireless protocols
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- First Look: Nikon D850
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCUX Developer / DesignerQLD
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTTransformation SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Agile Digital Business Analyst - Immediate StartOther
- FTChange Manager OR Senior Change AnalystOther
- FTSenior Technical Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCMS Project Server DevelopersNSW
- FTLevel 3 Support Engineer (Tibco, Java, J2ee, Jboss)Other
- CCService Desk ConsultantNSW
- FTService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceOther
- FTRPA DeveloperOther
- FTBusiness analyst - Insurance BackgroundQLD
- CCDatabase Administrator - Government OrganisationVIC
- CCSenior Java Developer - BRISBANE BASEDNSW
- FTSenior/Lead Front End DeveloperOther
- TPiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTService Management Specialist (ServiceNow) - TelecommunicationsOther
- CCChange ManagerWA
- FTSenior Project CoordinatorSA
- TPSenior Enterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst- Data Analytics & banking backgroundOther
- FTNetwork Infrastructure Development EngineerNSW