Zensonic Z710 Wireless Headphones
- Recharger on base station, low cost, good range
- Low-level white noise, slightly uncomfortable cups
The Z710 is a low-cost analog wireless headphone set. It's decent for the money, but can't match the digital wireless headphones for quality.
Price$ 99.00 (AUD)
With some nice features and decent audio quality, the analog Zensonic Z710 wireless headphones are good value for $99, but they won't knock the socks off audio purists.
The discreet base station, roughly the size of a pack of cards, acts both as transmitter and recharger for the headphones. Multiple sets of Zensonic headphones can tune into the one broadcast from a base station.
The closed-cup headphones are mid-sized, with integral volume control and tuning dial (to tune to base station). We found the elongated cups a little on the hard and uncomfortable side, and the elastic bridge does not allow fixed adjustments for those of us with wacky-shaped heads, but your mileage may vary. The official frequency response range of the headphones is 20Hz to 20kHz, and Zensonic claims less than 1% distortion and a SNR of greater than 45dB.
In our tests, the headphones demonstrated excellent range, moving undiminished through several rooms and walls, up to 15m away from the base station (Zensonic claims it's capable of reception up to 100m). In spite of our intense tuning efforts, and switching between the three available channels on the base station, we could not eliminate a distracting low-frequency line noise from the transmission. This line noise was present at all ranges, although the intensity often varied depending on intervening objects between the headphones and the base station. We also lost transmission on several occasions at long range, and had to re-tune the headphones. The headphones operate in the 815MHz frequency range, avoiding the 2.4GHz frequency used by Wi-Fi.
The quality of the audio from the cups was excellent, delivering very clean bass and good high ranges. Its volume was a bit limited, but should be enough unless you really like to blow your eardrums. According to Zensonic, the two AAA batteries deliver about 5 to 6 hours running time, and the recharger on the base station ensures that you're unlikely to ever need to switch batteries.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Harman ANZ relaunches AKG into the consumer market with new range
- Plantronics Expands its Award-Winning BackBeat FIT Family
- Google marries AI, hardware and software with Made By Google
- Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixelbook, Google Home Mini & Max: Everything Announced At Today’s Google Event
- Bose Upgrade Q35 for Google Assistant
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Apple TV 4K review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCIntegration SpecialistNSW
- FTData ModellingACT
- FTC++ Analyst ProgrammerOther
- FTHR Business PartnerOther
- FTSenior Change Manager, Portfolio Change DeliveryOther
- CCIntel IT ArchitectNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTiOS DeveloperWA
- CCProcess Improvement Manager (Black Belt)NSW
- CCSupply Master Data Analyst - Procurement & Supply Chain - TelcoVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTChief Information Security OfficerVIC
- FTUX Designer | Mobile ApplicationsOther
- TPieMR Business Analyst - Sunshine Coast Hospital - $850/dayQLD
- FTJunior Infrastructure EngineerACT
- FTCyber Security Program ManagerNSW
- FTInfrastructure EngineerACT
- TPProject Manager - IaaSQLD
- CCRecords AnalystNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectOther
- FTDevops Engineer X 2 positionsOther
- FTService Desk CoordinatorOther
- FTDigital Content Manager | AEM , HTML and CSSOther
- CCAnalyst Programmer / DeveloperNSW
- FTMarketing and Advertising Project/Sales SupportOther