Zensonic Z400 Media Player
- Nothing to report
- Requires PC configuration, interface is slow and ugly, remote control buttons are clumsy, music volume too low, picture galleries slow to render, no WMV support
Consider it an opportunity missed.
Price$ 369.00 (AUD)
The Zensonic Z400 Digital Network Home Media Player, much like the D-Link DSM-320, is a media streamer, taking movies, audio and pictures stored on a PC and displaying them on a TV set. It works over both wireless (802.11b/g) and Ethernet.
The PC needs to be configured to identify where media files are stored; a bundled remote is used to control the Z400 receiver and to select the music or video to be played.
For output, the Z400 supports coaxial digital audio, optical digital audio, composite audio and video, S-Video and component video. Its user interface is displayed on the television connected to the Z400. It supports a range of video, audio and image formats, including MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4 (and XviD), MP3 and JPEG. The Z400 doesn't play Windows Media (.WMV) video files.
The Z400's implementation leaves a lot to be desired. My 26-character wireless password was rejected with a curt message that passwords must have 26 characters. Even connected to a 100Mbps Ethernet network, the Z400 interface is slow--and also ugly. The buttons on the remote are clumsy, which makes setup rather frustrating.
Music played at a much lower volume than expected. Picture galleries were slow to render and to navigate. An MPEG movie that is fine on a PC played back at several times the normal speed; one AVI video clip wouldn't play, and the video and audio tracks were played out of sync in another. The Z400 is clearly not yet ready for prime time.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung’s Next TV is a Real Frame-Changer
- Express Your Style With Ultimate Ears WONDERBOOM Freestyle Collection
- HomePod review roundup: 'Room filling,' 'best-in-class' sound, but Siri is 'embarrassingly inadequate'
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Apple confirm $499 HomePod for February 9th launch
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Is My Smart Speaker Always Listening?
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Monster Hunter World review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTEnd-to-End Recruiter - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTSenior Technical Business AnalystOther
- FTProgram ManagerACT
- FTDigital DesignerOther
- FTBroker Support/ Applications SupportOther
- CCSoftware Engineer /.NET Developer - Role based in PerthVIC
- CCNetwork Engineer (Cisco)NSW
- FTData Analyst/Data EngineerSA
- FTTest Analyst - RiskOther
- CCEDRMS SpecialistACT
- FTDigital Content ProducerOther
- CCIOS DeveloperNSW
- CCLead Developer - BrisbaneNSW
- CCInfoSphere SpecialistACT
- TPSecurity and Risk ManagerVIC
- TPSenior Frontend Developer - ReactNSW
- FTSystems Performance ManagerVIC
- FTGraduate Data Scientist/ Data AnalystNSW
- FTData Analyst/ManagerQLD
- CCChange Communications Specialist l Port Macquarie NSWQLD
- CCIT Security Manager - OperationsNSW
- CCPython DeveloperVIC
- CCHyperion Reporting Analyst - Contract initially - Large Telco in SydneyNSW
- FTDesktop Support Engineer - OnsiteOther
- CCFull Stack Java DeveloperVIC