- No pre-programmed functions
If you need a cheap and cheerful Universal Remote, the Z150 will do the job
Price$ 79.00 (AUD)
When it comes to Universal Remote Controls, they don't get more frustrating than the Zensonic Z150. Unlike most competitive models, the Z150 lacks any pre-programmed functions, meaning you have to sit there and program every button manually. If you want to use the maximum number of supported devices (eight in total), you will have to painfully program over 250 buttons which is a chore, to say the least.
The user manual does not sufficiently explain how to program the remote, neglecting to mention a second infrared sensor strangely positioned on the underside of the unit. The lack of detail in the manual isn't too surprising though, given that it is approximately the size of a postage stamp. Programming the remote involves an almost medieval system of inserting a pin into one of various holes in the lower underside of the remote labeled learn, edit, clear, time/date and reset. This system is woefully inadequate and technologically retrograde.
After you have weathered these flaws and actually programmed the Z150, it is fairly easy to use. The layout and design are comfortable and the remote feels light and responsive. The build quality of the unit isn't especially great but it doesn't feel as if it's about to fall apart. While you will find almost every standard button included on the remote, if a particular button is missing, there are no soft keys to replace it with.. The Zensonic also includes a backlight feature which is only semi-useful as it is necessary to hold down a button to keep the light active. This forces you to use your second hand to operate other buttons. The last notable feature is the macro function. This works well, enabling a succession of commands to be programmed onto a single button but It's nothing we haven't seen before.
Once you've solved the challenge of programming the device, the remote is a solid, albeit, unspectacular performer. With a relatively low price, however, the Z150 is an adequate replacement for your remote control collection.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Foxtel Now's new streaming device launched weeks after TelstraTV
- Logitech announce new MX Sound speakers
- Telstra looks to solve 'Entertainment Exasperation' with new 4K Telstra TV
- Sonos reveals Sonos One, an Alexa-enabled speaker that will support AirPlay 2 and Google Assistant
- Bose Introduces Tiny New Bluetooth Speaker
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Apple TV 4K review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTJunior Infrastructure EngineerACT
- FTMultiple DevOps EngineersNSW
- FTJava Software Engineers wanted (Melbourne CBD location)VIC
- CCIntegration SpecialistNSW
- FTDevops Engineer X 2 positionsOther
- TPSenior Business Analyst - HealthQLD
- FTProblem Engineer - J2EE - TelcoVIC
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTService Team LeaderACT
- CCDevOps Engineer - Maximo - TelcoVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork ArchitectACT
- TPBusiness Process Improvement AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst, Business Efficiencies ProgramOther
- FTAxiomSL Technical ConsultantOther
- FTSystems ArchitectNSW
- CCMobile Applications DeveloperQLD
- CCTest ManagerVIC
- CCChange DirectorNSW
- FTProject Administrator, IT ProgramOther
- CCApplications Development Delivery LeadVIC
- FTSalesforce Platform LeadOther
- FTCloud Architect - AWS, Azure, ADOther
- CCPlatform/ Systems DeveloperVIC