Mirror is a free software utility that copies a folder structure from one location to another.
- Free, simple to use
- Long location listings are truncated
Mirror worked fine in our hands-on tests, and it can be invoked by a script. Our only real complaint is that long location listings are truncated (wrapped out of view, actually). If your backup needs can be met by a simple incremental copy routine, then this tiny utility fits the bill.
Mirror couldn't be simpler to use, and couldn't be more handy. Put simply, what this free program does is what it's named — it mirrors, i.e. copies a folder structure from one location to another.
Once a folder structure (e.g., My Documents and all its subfolders) has been copied, only added or changed files are copied — which makes Mirror very efficient and fast.
The Mirror interface consists of single dialog-like window with Source, Target, Help and Mirror buttons. The first two buttons open file dialogs where you define what is backed up and where it's backed up to. Click on the locations listed to their left, and a window to them will open. Help is obvious and Mirror invokes the backup.
There are only three options: Synchronize target (remove files in target location that don't exist at the source location), Minimize (the window — while running), and Auto exit, or exit after finishing.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
- Windows 10 S will not run Linux, even though it's a downloadable Windows app
- The Windows 10 Game Bar: What PC gamers need to know
- Microsoft redesigns OneNote UI to make it more universally accessible
- Windows 10 Insider build 16199 fills some holes in the Creators Update
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - Solutions and ApplicationsQLD
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- TPUAT CoordinatorQLD
- FTSales Lead - Healthcare systemsVIC
- CCSQL Analyst DeveloperNSW
- FTDevelopment and Delivery Manager - CloudACT
- CCSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTData Analyst - 12 months Fixed Term ContractVIC
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTDigital ProducerNSW
- FTBusiness Process ConsultantNSW
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksWA
- CCSplunk Software DeveloperVIC
- CCIdentity Access Management - Business AnalystVIC
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- FTInfrastructure EngineerACT
- FTCustomer Service OperatorVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- TPSenior Project ManagerQLD
- CCSalesforce Marketing CloudNSW