FxCamera 0.5.5 for Android
FxCamera is an entertaining app; however, it cannot compete with similar photo apps that include more advanced filters and tools.
- Free, easy-to-use, fun range of photo filters
- Some may be disappointed with low resolution, only five filters, cannot undo a selected filter, can't apply filters to photos you've already taken
Although only limited to five filters, FxCamera 0.5.5 is an easy fun and free app for Android users
FxCamera is an easy, fun application that lets you take a picture with various effects including "Fisheye," "Polaroid," "Warhol," "Toycam," and "Symmetricam." There's also a "Normal" mode for taking regular photos. The app is easy to operate: When opened, it displays each effect option in a landscape slideshow. You simply tap on the camera icon at the bottom of each effect to access the camera function and take a photo with that effect.
The right-hand navigation has options for Shot, Auto Focus, Config, and Menu. Auto Focus--the stand-out feature here--is incredibly useful when holding a camera phone. Config leads you to additional options, depending on which camera filter you're using. For example, "Toycam" allows you to change color and size and has a vignette/pinhole option. "Polandroid" gives you faded or mono (black-and-white) color options as well as a film-type option. "Symmetricam" lets you alter the symmetric pattern from landscape to portrait, multireflection or inverted as well as switch the color to "sepia," "negative," "posterize," or "solarize." This doesn't entirely make up for the fact that there are only five filters. Unfortunately you cannot undo a selected filter, nor can you apply filters to photos you've already taken.
Some users on the Android Market complain that this app's image resolution is too low, but this was not a problem for me. Despite the limited number of filters, FxCamera is an entertaining app. It has some Config options to play with, and the Auto Focus is a nice bonus. However, it cannot compete with similar photo apps that include more advanced filters and tools.
Join the newsletter!
When the Hypertext Transfer Protocol was introduced nearly 30 years ago, the Internet was a small, cozy club hosting just one website.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG E8 OLED TV (2018) and SK10Y soundbar review: If you've been on the fence about OLED, now might be the time to jump it
- 2 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 3 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Full, in-depth review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Bitdefender unveils new 2019 product line
- WWDC 2018: Apple gives us a first look at an all-new Mac App Store
- Apple combats iPhone throttling backlash with new iOS 12 features
- Budget 2018: Government seeks to boost Australian AI capabilities
- JBL take smart speakers back to the living room Link 300
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Canon EOS 1500D: Full, in-depth review
- HTC U12+: Full, in-depth review
- Dell G5 review: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies