- Great bass response, Look Stylish
- Hard to get a good fit, Sound isn’t the greatest
They don’t sound the best, but if you’re after great bass, then the FS1s are in your ball park.
Price$ 199.00 (AUD)
You all know the story; in-ear phones are great, if you can get them to fit properly. While they generally sound pretty good, those who like their bass heavy just aren't covered here. Well, if you fall into that category, then XtremeMac's FS1 High Definition Earphones are exactly what you've been screaming out for.
XtremeMac, who has until recently stuck to iPod accessories such as FM transmitters and leather cases, has decided to delve into the headphone market and produce what they call "professional grade, full-spectrum audio" earphones. Well, we have to say from the outset that we wouldn't go that far; in fact, there are many other in-ear phones that sound much better than the FS1s for around about the same price. However, what the FS1 offers over the competition is excellent and rich bass response, which is quite an achievement for in-ear headphones.
Finished in a white and grey design which perfectly suits the iPod, the FS1's look quite awkward. Our fears were confirmed as soon as we attempted to place them in our ears. It seemed no matter what tips we used (the FS1 includes three different sized silicone tips as well as two foam tips) we couldn't get a proper seal. We ended up sticking with the standard silicone tips, but we still felt uncomfortable after long periods of use; the curved design of the buds didn't seem to help either.
In terms of sound quality, the FS1s aren't the greatest. The biggest disadvantage is that the sound for most part is very distant and the midrange is quite lacking; at times it sounds as though there is a large hole in the music. This isn't really what we were expecting from headphones in this price range. In saying this, they are very efficient; the desired listening volume doesn't have to be very loud at all.
Undoubtedly the best feature of these headphones is their bass response; full and sharp. For those who enjoy the low end sound, then you'll love what these are capable of. If you can get them to fit snugly and feel comfortable, you should be extremely happy with them, but audiophiles need not apply here. Included in the sales package of the FS1 is a convenient zip-up carry case, replacement tips and a handy wax cleaner.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Bose Upgrade Q35 for Google Assistant
- Jabra Evolve 75e brings earbud design, Active NC and ‘busylight’ to the workplace
- Jaybird go true wireless with new RUN earbuds
- HyperX Reveals Next Generation Cloud Alpha Gaming Headset
- Jabra upgrade their Elite Sport wireless earbuds
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerOther
- CCSenior Security AnalystQLD
- CC.Net DeveloperQLD
- CCPSRM Java DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Lead / Senior Network EngineerOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager Consulting ITQLD
- FTSenior Technical / Team LeadOther
- FTWorkforce Analyst | Scheduler | Calendar ManagementOther
- FTSystem EngineerOther
- CCGraph Database Specialist - TelcoVIC
- CCMitel Contact Centre SpecialistWA
- CCNetwork Engineer - Cleveland BasedQLD
- FTBI DeveloperQLD
- TPService Delivery ManagerNSW
- TPProgram Manager - Managed ServicesQLD
- FTSystem Analyst - Wifi TechnologiesOther
- FTCloud/Infrastructure SpecialistVIC
- FTRESTful services - Senior Tech LeadACT
- CCDesktop Support Engineer - Hunter Valley AreaNSW
- FTSenior Technical Business Analyst/BSAOther
- TPProject Support OfficerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCPenetration TesterQLD