Woolworths shopping app
This app can help the in-store shopping experience, as well build shopping lists and help you estimate spending
- Neat layout and easy to navigate
- Good scanner feature
- Shopping list
- Not all products have prices listed
If you shop at Woolworths, this nifty little app is a good one to consult. You can browse for products through it and easily make shopping lists, as well as do more fun stuff such as scan barcodes and view recipes.
If you want a much smoother grocery shopping experience, a supermarket app can help. The Woolworths app is one of the better ones we've used to date, mainly because it makes it so easy to find products and add them to a shopping list. It's great to use before you head out to the store, and also while you're there.
Before you start using all of the app's features, you need to set a local store, which can be done either by allowing the app to auto-detect your location and bring up the nearest stores, or by you entering your post code and selecting the store manually. Once you've selected your store, you can view the weekly catalogue, use the Product Finder, view your shopping lists, get recipes and even scan the food you currently have at home.
Indeed, the scanner is one of the most fun elements of this app and it works very well -- it even makes a realistic beep when it successfully scans a code. Products that you scan will be shown if they are available at your local Woolworths store, and you'll be able to get a price, add it to your shopping list, and even find out which isle it's in so you don't have to waste too much time wandering. It's a great way to replenish your pantry and fridge once you run out of a product, and it's a good way to estimate your spending (if the product you scan has a price listed).
Searching for products is easy through this app because everything is categorised nicely. At a glance, you see things like 'canned foods', 'biscuits and snacks', even 'breakfast foods' (which is mostly cereal-based). Categories such as 'meat' are divided into different types and, furthermore, into cuts. It's very easy to find what you are looking for and most products will have their price listed. You can then add items to your shopping list with a tap of the plus sign at the top of the app. You can even change the quantity, which is handy if you are shopping for a party, or if it's your big weekly shopping trip.
Pricing is not available for all products that you search for manually, and this is perhaps the only drawback of this little app. In all, it is really quite handy and fun to use. The weekly catalogue section shows you all the latest specials, while the recipes section offers plenty of variety in case you're stuck for ideas on what to cook. The 'weeknight dinners' section is especially useful. Simply click on a recipe and all the ingredients will be listed. You can then add these to your shopping list — we're not so adept in the kitchen to know whether Woolworths is adding extra stuff to the recipes to make you buy more though.
If you are type of person who likes to do their grocery shopping online, then this app can help with that, too!
Requirements: Android 2.2 and up; iOS
Reviewed on: Samsung Galaxy Note II
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Clips Introduces Selfie Scenes for Immersive 360-Degree Selfies on iPhone X
- Netgear delivers industry first networking devices with remote management from anywhere in the world
- Samsung and Latitude Financial Services Partner to Bring Samsung Pay to More Australians
- NAB go in on Google Assistant integration with new app
- Trend Micro launches new Home Network Scanner
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Is My Smart Speaker Always Listening?
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTProject SpecialistSA
- FTSenior Project Manager (Part Time)Other
- CCSAP Fiori + UI5 ArchitectNSW
- FTInternal Recruiter - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTUI / UX Junior AnalystNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystQLD
- FTSAP PI/PO Integration LeadOther
- CCBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- CCProject AdministratorNSW
- FTIT Project ManagerOther
- TPPrincipal Project Officer - HealthQLD
- FTSolution DesignerOther
- TPSenior Software DeveloperSA
- FTTraining & Communications SpecialistOther
- FTSecurity & IAM Technical SpecialistACT
- FTSQL Developer / Data AnalystOther
- FTUI / UX Designer - 6 Month ContractOther
- FTSenior Change ManagerACT
- FTSAP Functional Analyst- Time Management, VIM, BPC, HCM FioriOther
- FTEmail Production SpecialistOther
- CCSharePoint ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Solution ArchitectACT
- CCHogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneVIC
- CCSenior Storage AdministratorACT