Woolworths Online Photo Printing
- Quick interface, Jigsaw puzzles!
- Expensive, Does not deliver
Ultimately we can’t find any reason to recommend Big W’s service, unless you particularly want a jigsaw puzzle. There are better services for less money that will deliver right to your door.
Price$ 0.31 (AUD)
Big W offers their photo printing service through AGFA, another popular print provider. Their service, whilst quite reasonable in some regards, suffers compared to the competition simply because they do not deliver to your door.
The point of online photo printing is to save people the trouble of going out at all, which Big W fails to do. Having said that, many people have no problems dropping off photographs, going shopping, and then coming back an hour or two later once they have been developed.
The Big W service also falls firmly on the pricey side. Whilst their standard 4x6 prints are about average at $0.31 each, the next size up jumps to $2.94 (as opposed to the $0.99 or $1.00 offered by most competitors) and the 8x10 inch cost a whopping $7.94. We could feel comfortable paying a bit extra to have shots delivered, but when they require an in person transaction we simply can't justify the extra cost. One nice perk of this system however is that you don't have to pay for the photographs until you actually arrive, so for security conscious people who dislike giving out their details online this may be a viable alternative.
Big W offer a variety of printing options; nothing that rivals Fujifilm, but a reasonable selection that extends up to 8x12 inch prints. There are mousepads, mugs, calendars and our personal favourite, jigsaw puzzles! That's right, now you can own a jigsaw puzzle of your favourite friend/relative/patch of blue sky. Whilst this is not enough to save the flailing service, it is a nifty feature nonetheless.
The Big W service operates through a fairly simple, downloadable interface, which comes with a few image cropping and rotating solutions, but nothing you can't do in paint beforehand. Because you don't have to enter any payment details, the process is quick and streamlined and we found ourselves finished within just a few minutes. Their system supports both JPEG and TIFF files, which is great for the more advanced photographer.
You can pick up your photographs within four to seven days and Big W will notify you by phone when they are ready.
Images produced by the AGFA printing service were quite good, but noticeably darker than the competition. In comparable foliage shots, the shadows around the leaves were a very dark green, compared to a lighter shade in other shots. The one exception to this seemed to be the colour red, which was much lighter than in any of our other shots. Edges were crisp and reasonably sharp. Overall, these were not the best shots we've looked at, but there will satisfy most people.
Read our roundup for a direct comparison with the other vendors.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 2 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 4 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 5 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
Latest News Articles
- Goodbye Google Now, hello new feed that obsessively track your interests
- How to deal with “Windows 10 is no longer supported on this PC” error
- Net Neutrality: The July 12 Internet-Wide Day of Action protest and what to expect
- Google Assistant: 5 killer new features you should be using
- Microsoft apologizes after a rogue Windows 10 preview build causes chaos
PCW Evaluation Team
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
- Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- GAMOSPHERE: Your August Roundup of Gaming News
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCHelpdesk Support roleNSW
- CCCollaboration tools ManagerVIC
- FTJava Developers wanted (Banking/ Finance experience ideal)VIC
- TPTest and Support AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Solution Architect- Sharepoint, Neuron/MuleSoftOther
- FTSenior UX DesignerOther
- TPMoodle Solutions ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Data AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst & Project ManagerOther
- CCCustomer Experience (CX) Designer - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Mobile Apps TesterWA
- FTNetwork ArchitectSA
- CCGaming DevelopersNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - CANBERRA BASEDNSW
- CCStore Project Coordinator - Large Retail ProjectNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTPA/Team Assistant, IT EnvironmentNSW
- FTC# ASP.Net Developer - Market Leading Fin-TechOther
- FTSplunk AnalystOther
- TPData Analyst/DeveloperNSW
- FTInside Sales SMSF SolutionsOther
- FTPermanent Project ManagersACT
- CCSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- FTTechnical Business AnalystSA
- FTSenior UX Designer | Initial 6 Month ContractOther