Woolworths Online Photo Printing
- Quick interface, Jigsaw puzzles!
- Expensive, Does not deliver
Ultimately we can’t find any reason to recommend Big W’s service, unless you particularly want a jigsaw puzzle. There are better services for less money that will deliver right to your door.
Price$ 0.31 (AUD)
Big W offers their photo printing service through AGFA, another popular print provider. Their service, whilst quite reasonable in some regards, suffers compared to the competition simply because they do not deliver to your door.
The point of online photo printing is to save people the trouble of going out at all, which Big W fails to do. Having said that, many people have no problems dropping off photographs, going shopping, and then coming back an hour or two later once they have been developed.
The Big W service also falls firmly on the pricey side. Whilst their standard 4x6 prints are about average at $0.31 each, the next size up jumps to $2.94 (as opposed to the $0.99 or $1.00 offered by most competitors) and the 8x10 inch cost a whopping $7.94. We could feel comfortable paying a bit extra to have shots delivered, but when they require an in person transaction we simply can't justify the extra cost. One nice perk of this system however is that you don't have to pay for the photographs until you actually arrive, so for security conscious people who dislike giving out their details online this may be a viable alternative.
Big W offer a variety of printing options; nothing that rivals Fujifilm, but a reasonable selection that extends up to 8x12 inch prints. There are mousepads, mugs, calendars and our personal favourite, jigsaw puzzles! That's right, now you can own a jigsaw puzzle of your favourite friend/relative/patch of blue sky. Whilst this is not enough to save the flailing service, it is a nifty feature nonetheless.
The Big W service operates through a fairly simple, downloadable interface, which comes with a few image cropping and rotating solutions, but nothing you can't do in paint beforehand. Because you don't have to enter any payment details, the process is quick and streamlined and we found ourselves finished within just a few minutes. Their system supports both JPEG and TIFF files, which is great for the more advanced photographer.
You can pick up your photographs within four to seven days and Big W will notify you by phone when they are ready.
Images produced by the AGFA printing service were quite good, but noticeably darker than the competition. In comparable foliage shots, the shadows around the leaves were a very dark green, compared to a lighter shade in other shots. The one exception to this seemed to be the colour red, which was much lighter than in any of our other shots. Edges were crisp and reasonably sharp. Overall, these were not the best shots we've looked at, but there will satisfy most people.
Read our roundup for a direct comparison with the other vendors.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 3 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 4 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
- Windows 10 S will not run Linux, even though it's a downloadable Windows app
- The Windows 10 Game Bar: What PC gamers need to know
- Microsoft redesigns OneNote UI to make it more universally accessible
- Windows 10 Insider build 16199 fills some holes in the Creators Update
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCTechnical Support/HelpdeskVIC
- TPSenior Sitecore Developer (.NET)QLD
- FTLearning & Development Consultant, Wealth ManagementNSW
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- CCTesting SpecialistVIC
- FTApplication System EngineerACT
- FTBusiness Improvement ManagerNSW
- FTJunior .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTNodeJS and AngularJS DeveloperQLD
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- FTProcurement OfficerACT
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTManager, DevOpsQLD
- FTManager - Commercial ClientsACT
- CCJava Developer / System Designer - Aus Citizens OnlyWA
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Systems AnalystSA
- FTNetwork EngineerWA
- FTDeployment Analyst / Customer Service - Minchinbury NSWNSW
- TPSenior Developer - API - Data ReportingNSW
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW