Lego Marvel Super Heroes (Xbox One)
Defending the universe, one LEGO diorama at a time
- Lots of playable characters with abilities
- Large and destructible game environment
- Core gameplay is mostly unchanged
- Not quite the Marvel game fans may have hoped for
Despite its colourful appearance of Lego Marvel Super Heroes, both kids and comic book fans will have fun saving the universe.
Price$ 69.00 (AUD)
The Avengers may have been one of the biggest films of 2012, but it missed out on having a video game based on it. Thankfully (and only one year later), Warner Bros. has come to the rescue with Lego Marvel Super Heroes. This is a game that continues the popular trend of merging popular properties, such as Star Wars and Batman, with the Lego universe.
Clash of the mightiest
The story of Lego Marvel Super Heroes centres around the Silver Surfer’s surfboard shattering into pieces and falling down to earth. Doctor Doom and Loki want to gather the surfboard pieces to power the “Doom Ray of Doom,” so it is up to the heroes of the Marvel universe to stop them, as well as any other like-minded villains they encounter on the way.
As with past Lego games based on Indiana Jones, Lord of the Rings, and others, Lego Marvel Super Heroes is a platforming title with open-world exploration elements. The setting of the game is New York City, albeit in Lego form, and you are able to use the superhuman abilities of your selected character to run, swing or fly throughout the environment.
Lego Marvel Super Heroes draws upon the expanded comic book universe to introduce more than 100 heroes and villains. This is roughly the same amount of characters found in 2006’s Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, which also brought together a large cast of heroes and villains into a virtual environment.
All of the popular favourites such as Spider-Man, Hulk and Magneto are playable in the game, as well as more niche characters such as Iron Fist, Beetle and Howard the Duck. Not only have the characters been turned into their Lego equivalents, but each one also comes with their signature skills and abilities.
Bigger but familiar experience
The impressive scale of the cast and locations is accompanied by high resolution graphics that make good use of the Xbox One’s horsepower. Characters are well animated and detailed in appearance, and the game runs at a steady framerate even when running or flying around the city at fast speeds.
As a Lego title, the gameplay is predictably accessible and the controls are responsive. Navigating environments and platforms is a simple matter, and so is targeting enemies during combat and using your character’s unique abilities to defeat them.
The scale and graphics of Lego Marvel Super Heroes are a step up over past instalments, but it contains the same tried and proven gameplay that is mostly unchanged at its core. There is more open-world adventuring than in Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes, but it’s still not on the same scale as other open-world titles on the market.
The sheer amount of content available in Lego Marvel Super Heroes is a major draw card, and it comes with enough missions and brick collecting to keep you occupied for a long time. While certain areas of the game may spike in difficulty, the endless lives ensures that the experience never becomes frustrating.
Join the newsletter!
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Apple iPhone X
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
cloudandco Smart Cane
Toys for Boys
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Bose SoundLink Micro
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Xbox One X
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Acer attempts to woo Australian gamers with reveal of its new Predator range
- Nintendo Switch software update: What does 4.0.0 feature and how to install it?
- Robot House announce vacuum-bot adventure game ahead of PAX Australia
- Wargaming launches ANZ servers for World of Tanks
- VR fairytale game Luna due for Oct 17 release
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review: A port worthy of PC gaming's mightiest rigs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTAutomation TesterQLD
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- CCJunior to Mid Level - Java/ J2EE DeveloperNSW
- FTJunior Infrastructure EngineerACT
- FTSenior Procurement Manager- Government BackgroundOther
- FTSenior Software Test AnalystOther
- FTTableau DeveloperOther
- FTITIL Service ManagementSA
- FTSolution Manager - SAPOther
- TPSenior Test Analyst - GIS DrupalNSW
- CCPHP DeveloperWA
- FTTechnical Business AnalystOther
- CCJunior to mid-level - Business Analyst ? AgileVIC
- CCLevel 1 and 2 Help Desk OfficerQLD
- CCThe job "Automation Test Analyst Guidewire " is now ExpiredQLD
- CCBusiness Intelligence SpecialistNSW
- FTService Delivery ManagerOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- CCProject Director - Gold CoastQLD
- CCDevelopment Lead - Java - TelcoVIC
- FT.NET DeveloperNSW
- CCJunior to mid-level - Business Analyst ? AgileQLD
- FTAutomation Test EngineerOther
- FTPersonal AssistantSA