Harry Potter: Spells
This one is probably just for the diehard Harry Potter fans
- Unique use of the iPhone tilt sensing, Wi-Fi multiplayer capability, impressive use of iPhone's potential
- Frustratingly touchy motion sensing, shallow gameplay that won't satisfy Harry Potter fans for long
While it's definitely worth a look from hardcore Potterites, Harry Potter: Spells suffers from shallow gameplay and frustratingly touch motion detection. Even though it's nice piece of fanservice, it's hard to recommend spells as more than a novelty app.
This extension of the ever-growing Harry Potter dynasty puts the wand in your hand and lets you duel against a friend or the computer, no matter how strong your muggle tendencies. Your iPhone captures your hand movement, and particular motions cast certain spells. For instance, to cast the dreaded Expelliarmus spell, you would wave your iPhone to the right and then sharply down. At least, in theory.
During a duel, you must carefully choose between offensive and defensive spells. A warning appears on your screen when your opponent is about to attack, and the only way to deflect the oncoming strike is with a well-timed defensive spell. Impressive graphics and sound effects are evidence of a successful spell, and the option to record the names of spells with your own voice is a nice touch.
But even while working your way through the thorough spell-casting tutorial, spells can be extremely difficult to execute. Some basic spells can take dozens of times to pull off without a hitch, making Harry Potter: Spells one of the most frustrating iPhone games I've played. This one is probably just for the diehard Harry Potter fans, and only if you have an equally fanatical friend with an iPhone to play against you.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Acer attempts to woo Australian gamers with reveal of its new Predator range
- Nintendo Switch software update: What does 4.0.0 feature and how to install it?
- Robot House announce vacuum-bot adventure game ahead of PAX Australia
- Wargaming launches ANZ servers for World of Tanks
- VR fairytale game Luna due for Oct 17 release
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Apple TV 4K review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTTechnical Product ArchitectQLD
- FTSharePoint Admin & Developer- Australian Citizens onlyOther
- FTSenior Software Engineer - C++QLD
- FTDesktop / SCCM EngineerOther
- CCPHP DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP AdminstratorNSW
- FTPayments Business AnalystVIC
- FTCyber Security Program ManagerACT
- FTInformation Security ManagerVIC
- FTBroker Support/ Applications SupportOther
- FTTest Analyst, TOSCAOther
- CCSenior DevOps ManagerVIC
- CCProcess LeadNSW
- FTTest Automation EngineerVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectOther
- FTSolution Architect - API / SaaSOther
- FTService Desk CoordinatorVIC
- FTChange Manager, Business RelocationsOther
- FTData ModellingACT
- FTDigital Marketing Executive - PersonalisationOther
- CCMiddleware AdminstratorNSW
- CCDigital Reporting AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- TPPHP DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther