- Compact design, external display, decent build quality, simple interface
- Average in-call quality, low specified internal display, no outstanding features
Vodafone's 411 is a solid, if not outstanding handset that has a reasonable features list for its inexpensive asking price.
Price$ 149.00 (AUD)
A stylish flip handset on a budget, Vodafone's 411 is a prepaid mobile with a solid features list. An external display showing caller ID, Bluetooth and a microSD card slot for extra storage make it a reasonable choice for a very competitive price.
The 411 is another handset manufactured by Sagem, but packaged and sold as a Vodafone mobile. Its positioning as an entry-level handset means it's aimed at first-time buyers or those after a second handset, so it's not packed with the latest bells and whistles. Although it's quite a compact handset, the 411 feels reasonably well constructed. When flipped closed it should easily slip into any pocket or bag.
The convenient external display and flip handset of the 411 is a nice touch. It displays time and date as well as a battery and reception indicator plus it also displays caller ID, meaning you won't have to flip open the handset to check who is calling. Inside, a low specified internal display does the job, though it lacks the sharpness and crispness of some competing models. Although the keypad and controls are flat, they are well spaced and easy to press, so using this handset is a breeze. A five-way navigational pad and two selection buttons bear the grunt of the work.
Ease of use is excellent – the simple menu and interface is well laid out and the 3x3 grid of menu icons makes it easy to access. Submenus are laid out in a simple list format and browsing the phone is easy enough thanks to the comfortable navigational pad.
Features include Bluetooth connectivity, a range of Java games, access to the Vodafone Live! Portal as well as SMS and MMS messaging with T9 predictive text input. A range of PIM features such as alarm, timer, calendar and calculator are also offered. A basic music player supports MP3 files and basic playback options, but the included proprietary headphones are poor. A microSD card slot on the left side of the handset should satisfy your memory requirements.
The 411 is a tri-band GSM phone and call quality is solid, without being outstanding. In-call volume could have been a little louder though – at times we struggled to hear the person when in a noisy environment. The included camera is what you'd expect from a VGA, that being said, it's not ideal for anything more than wallpaper images.
The Vodafone 411 comes with a free Prepay Pack, which includes a red SIM starter pack and $49 Prepay Maxi Cap with $310 worth of calls and messages.
Join the newsletter!
cloudandco Smart Cane
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Apple iPhone X
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Toys for Boys
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Bose SoundLink Micro
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Xbox One X
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Belkin Introduces USB-C 3.1 Express Dock HD
- Porsche Design Huawei Mate 10 Will Come To Australia
- Boost Mobile Doubles Data Offering With New Summer Plans
- BlackBerry KEYone Black Launches in Australia
- HTC U11 Plus latest rumours: Release date, price and specs
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review: A port worthy of PC gaming's mightiest rigs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBusiness Analyst, Business Efficiencies ProgramOther
- TPTechnical WriterQLD
- FTAutomation TesterQLD
- FTDigital Product OwnerOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- CCNetwork DesignerQLD
- FTField EngineerVIC
- FTCommercial Loan Documentation SpecialistOther
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Content Manager | AEM , HTML and CSSOther
- TPBusiness Continuity Senior Associate/ IT AuditNSW
- CCTechnical Team Lead/Application Developer Team Lead - Government OrganisationVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTIT Graduate / Junior Project AdministratorOther
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Change Analyst, Governance & AssuranceOther
- FTScrum Master | 6mths +Other
- CCSenior Systems EngineerWA
- FT0365 Consultant - Large Scale O365 ImplementationVIC
- FTProduct Support ManagerVIC
- FTService Delivery Specialist - $61 per hourOther
- FTMulesoft Solutions DesignerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Design Engineer, DC Power, CommunicationsOther
- FTReporting Analyst - Planning & ForecastingOther
- FTApplication Support Analyst - SMSF solutionsOther