The Vodafone 228 is an underwhelming prepaid GSM phone.
- Cheap, small and light, simple menu
- Overly firm keys, battery life, shaky slider, no Bluetooth connectivity, input lag
Even though the Vodafone 228 is a very cheap mobile phone, there are plenty of similarly priced competitors that do a much better job and have more features.
Price$ 69.00 (AUD)
The Vodafone 228 is a prepaid GSM mobile phone with a loose slider, no camera and no Bluetooth connectivity. Despite the Vodafone 228's very low price point, it remains hard to recommend.
The phone is made for Vodafone by Chinese manufacturer ZTE — a company that also makes Telstra-branded phones. The phone is small and black with a gunmetal grey keypad. The slider is easy to open and is fairly loose when extended, which lends the whole device a flimsy feel.
The Vodafone 228 has a relatively decent 1.8in display with a 128x160 resolution, but it suffers from poor viewing angles. It doesn't have a camera or a MicroSD slot, but these are features we wouldn't automatically expect in a mobile phone commanding such a low price.
The phone does offer a calculator, world clock, calendar, conversion, alarm clock and two games (Tetris and "Push Box").
Using the Vodafone 228 is fairly straightforward thanks to a simple graphical menu. Unfortunately some of the keypad's buttons are overly firm and have very little bounce back, which can lead to frequent mistakes when text messaging or dialling phone numbers. We also found there was some lag when trying to bash out quick SMS messages.
With a maximum talk time of only 120 minutes, the Vodafone 228's Li-Ion battery has a relatively low life. Vodafone offers the 228 for $69 when purchased with a $29 Prepay Jumbo Cap account, which includes $150 per month for local and international calls.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Belkin Introduces USB-C 3.1 Express Dock HD
- Porsche Design Huawei Mate 10 Will Come To Australia
- Boost Mobile Doubles Data Offering With New Summer Plans
- BlackBerry KEYone Black Launches in Australia
- HTC U11 Plus latest rumours: Release date, price and specs
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Apple TV 4K review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPWeb DeveloperACT
- TPIT Sourcing SpecialistQLD
- FTTest AnalystOther
- CCSenior Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCReporting AnalystNSW
- FTIntegration AnalystNSW
- FTMid-Level Drupal Developer (Brisbane Location)WA
- FTTest AnalystACT
- CCITSM OR iTIL Business AnalystNSW
- CCServiceNow ConsultantVIC
- CCIT Specialist - System ServicesNSW
- FTCustomer Service RepresentativeOther
- FTSenior Change ManagerNSW
- CCOracle CRM OD (On Demand) Consultant - Telecom IndustryVIC
- TPProject Manager - MortgagesNSW
- FTFinancial Manager - January StartACT
- FTJunior Business AnalystACT
- FTBusiness Process Improvement SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCSystem Analyst - AxwayACT
- FTChange Manager- Rail / Fleet MaintenanceOther
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTTableau DeveloperOther
- FTDevops Engineer X 2 positionsOther