The Vodafone 228 is an underwhelming prepaid GSM phone.
- Cheap, small and light, simple menu
- Overly firm keys, battery life, shaky slider, no Bluetooth connectivity, input lag
Even though the Vodafone 228 is a very cheap mobile phone, there are plenty of similarly priced competitors that do a much better job and have more features.
Price$ 69.00 (AUD)
The Vodafone 228 is a prepaid GSM mobile phone with a loose slider, no camera and no Bluetooth connectivity. Despite the Vodafone 228's very low price point, it remains hard to recommend.
The phone is made for Vodafone by Chinese manufacturer ZTE — a company that also makes Telstra-branded phones. The phone is small and black with a gunmetal grey keypad. The slider is easy to open and is fairly loose when extended, which lends the whole device a flimsy feel.
The Vodafone 228 has a relatively decent 1.8in display with a 128x160 resolution, but it suffers from poor viewing angles. It doesn't have a camera or a MicroSD slot, but these are features we wouldn't automatically expect in a mobile phone commanding such a low price.
The phone does offer a calculator, world clock, calendar, conversion, alarm clock and two games (Tetris and "Push Box").
Using the Vodafone 228 is fairly straightforward thanks to a simple graphical menu. Unfortunately some of the keypad's buttons are overly firm and have very little bounce back, which can lead to frequent mistakes when text messaging or dialling phone numbers. We also found there was some lag when trying to bash out quick SMS messages.
With a maximum talk time of only 120 minutes, the Vodafone 228's Li-Ion battery has a relatively low life. Vodafone offers the 228 for $69 when purchased with a $29 Prepay Jumbo Cap account, which includes $150 per month for local and international calls.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Panasonic launches new Windows powered Toughpad
- Oppo release limited Barcelona FC version of R11 flagship
- 3SIXT Reveals iPhone X Offering
- ALDI Mobile Ups Stakes in the Telco Industry
- Tech21 Unveils New Phone Protection for Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCUX Developer / DesignerQLD
- FTWindows Rollout / Desktop Support AnalystOther
- TPService Delivery ManagerNSW
- CCPSRM Java DeveloperNSW
- FTProgram ManagerOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTCyber Security Project ManagerOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTDeputy Chief Engineer - Defence Systems - IT Services - Sydney BasedNSW
- CCDevOps ConsultantQLD
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- FTDevelopers (VB.Net/C#.Net)SA
- CCService Delivery AnalystVIC
- CCSenior PMO ManagerNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Enterprise VoiceVIC
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTDigital Acquisition Campaign ManagerNSW
- FTApplication Support Maintenance & Patching AnalystOther
- CCProject Manager - Go to Market programVIC
- FTLevel 3 Desktop EngineerOther
- FTProfessional Services Consultant - UCMOther
- FTGun Java Developers wantedVIC
- FTC++ Analyst ProgrammerOther
- TPFront End DeveloperQLD