Virtual Mechanics SiteSpinner Standard 2.7 web design suite
A very reasonably priced web design program, SiteSpinner Standard does have a bit of a learning curve, with only a few customizable templates.
- No internal browser preview
SiteSpinner Standard's biggest advantage is its price. For the money, you get the ability to create a basic customised website, without being a web design expert. But you will need to have a sense of design and of basic web structure, to make it work well for you.
Price$ 55.95 (AUD)
The sight of a blank page in any design program can be daunting, and that's the first screen that SiteSpinner Standard presents to the user. But the text-based (as opposed to video) tutorials will get most people up and running rather quickly.
The best way to start with SiteSpinner Standard is to open one of the few dozen templates. Then, double-click an object in the template to open the customise dialog. Or, you can drag and drop components onto the page, such as images, text, shapes, and music.
The program also has some basic drawing tools. If you already have a good idea of how you want your website to look and function, you can end up with rather nice results, without ever having to use markup. However, those who are comfortable with HTML have the option to access and edit it.
If you wish to create code that isn't directly supported by SiteSpinner, you can add a Code Object to your site. That's how you would append to the CSS that's generated by the program or add XML. SiteSpinner exports to HTML or SVG, and provides FTP upload controls.
Unlike the Pro version of SiteSpinner, the Standard version does not support interactive animation or web design for mobile devices. Nor does it export to DHTML or offer an internal browser preview.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Settings in iOS 10: Every notable change you need to know
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Toshiba's new SSD line features rock-bottom pricing
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Apple TV 4K review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CC.net DeveloperNSW
- TPTechnical Lead (Office 365)QLD
- FTClass Super - Application Support Analyst - SMSF solutionsOther
- FTSQL DeveloperACT
- FTNetwork ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCMid - Level SAP Test AnalystQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerACT
- CCProgram ManagerNSW
- FTCloud Architect - AWS, Azure, ADOther
- CCBusiness Analyst - Technical backgroundVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- TPSupport Java RoleNSW
- CCLean Six Sigma Process Improvement SpecialistVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerOther
- FTSoftware DeveloperOther
- CCC++ Developer - Financial Services - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCData Warehouse SpecialistNSW
- TPDigital StategistACT
- FTSenior Data Centre OperatorOther
- CCCisco ACI Senior Network Engineer, Technical Consultant Or Network ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Permanent PositionQLD
- CCNetwork ArchitectVIC
- CCIntel IT ArchitectNSW
- TPICT Strategic Sourcing SpecialistQLD