- Dual input, clean look, easy menu navigation
- No audio, excessively bright image, colour saturation
Solid performance at a reasonable price. The image is a little too bright and oversaturated by default, but the monitor is easy to adjust.
Price$ 899.00 (AUD)
The performance of ViewSonic's VX924 is a mixed bag. It boasts impressive specs, but the image doesn't quite live up to expectations.
The 19" screen runs at a native resolution of 1280 x 1024 and weighs 6.7kg with stand. At 43 x 47 x 20cm, it's one of the more svelte 19" screens on the market. The TFT panel boasts a 3ms response time, pitching it squarely at gaming, watching DVDs, and playing back fast-paced animations.
The sleek silver and black screen features a clean look with a rounded bezel. The screen itself features DVI and VGA inputs, but lacks USB connectors. The picture quality is comparable across both inputs, though the DVI connector provides a slightly cleaner image.
Five buttons on the bottom edge of the panel provide access to the on-screen menu, which is in turn well laid-out and easy to adjust. The buttons provide quick selection between the two screen inputs, but the screen doesn't include any audio capability.
By default, the auto-adjustment option leaves the screen very bright and the display loses a little contrast at the darker end of the spectrum. The screen documentation claims a viewing angle of 140 degrees, but we found the picture deteriorated if viewed from extreme angles in any direction. The on-screen menu allows the user to make fine adjustments to image quality, but we found it generally a little too bright, especially under fluorescent lights. Colour balance was good, and although the tones were a little oversaturated by default, they were easily brought into check using the menu.
The VX924 features a basic stand with no height adjustment and somewhat limited tilt adjustment. Thankfully, VESA mounts have been included to help integrate it into an office.
The monitor ships with a full suite of cables, and a three-year warranty rounds out the package.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By ASUS
- BenQ Celebrates Modern Sleekness with Newest Monitors for Home and Office
- AOC Unveils AG322QCX AGON Gaming Display Bolstered for Battle
- Samsung announces Australian availability for its 49-inch CHG90 QLED Monitor
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Which 2018 Smart Speaker Should I Buy
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTNetwork Architect - Brisbane/PerthOther
- CCSenior Network Engineer - TelcoVIC
- FTUser Experience (UX) DeveloperOther
- FTCommunications ManagerOther
- CCSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- TPSAP Functional Consultant - FinanceQLD
- TPBusiness & Change AnalystQLD
- FTSystem and Software TestersACT
- FTSenior Healthcare Pre-Sales Exec. / Clinical Advisor - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCPortal DeveloperNSW
- CC.Net Integration Lead DeveloperNSW
- CCReact DeveloperQLD
- CCTeam / Process / Project Coordinator ? Telco ? 6 mth contract - Nth SydNSW
- CCWeb Designer /DeveloperQLD
- CCXamarin DeveloperNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerOther
- CCPortfolio Coordinator / Administrator - BrisbaneNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- FTCampaign ManagerOther
- FTUnix/Linux System Administrator - PERMANENT ROLEQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst - AgileOther
- TPSenior Project Manager | Process & SystemsQLD
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectACT
- FTIT Field TechnicianNSW