- Attractive design, Integrated web-cam, Widescreen, Good image quality
- Some uniformity issues, no USB ports
If you are looking for a sexy white monitor with a good range of features you will find this unit very satisfying
Price$ 599.00 (AUD)
The Viewsonic VX2255wmh is a 22in LCD monitor with a native resolution of 1680 x 1050. At first glance, the image seems similar to the VX2245wm ViewDock. However, as far as image quality is concerned, upon closer inspection we found a handful of problems. With an "Apple Mac" white aesthetic, integrated web-cam and swivel base, it certainly has a lot going for it. However, there are also negative factors that may cause some users to look elsewhere.
We tested the image quality by running the monitor under regular usage conditions, using a variety of tasks such as gaming and office applications. In addition, we also ran DisplayMate Video Edition tests to look for any shortcomings at a fundamental level.
Our gaming tests consisted of World of Warcraft and Doom 3. The environments in both games were rendered well and the colours were accurately reproduced. Some slight calibration was required to achieve an optimal result, as the brightness level was a little too high, but this was the only tweaking required. Black levels were excellent, image clarity and detail were superb and we found no noise at all.
Our motion tests showed very little blur and no ghosting. The quoted speed of this unit is 5ms and from our visual appraisals, this appears to be an accurate figure. We were also quite happy with the horizontal viewing angle, as we experienced no colour shift until about 170 degrees. In DisplayMate Video Edition we found a concerning shortcoming. There were some uniformity problems in the outer edges and corners of the screen. This made the edges of the display looking darker than the rest of the panel. However, this was the only real problem we found. The colour tests were all rendered well and there was no noise or discolouration in the grayscale tests. The streaking tests came back negative and the resolution tests showed no signed of banding or pixilation.
The VX2255wmh accepts both DVI and VGA signals and can switch between inputs with the touch of a button. The integrated speakers are fairly mediocre in audio quality and will only handle very basic use. If you are a gamer, it's probably best to get an exterior set of speaker if you use this monitor.
Finally, we tested the integrated webcam and microphone by instigating video chats in Windows Live Messenger and joining a video chat room on Stickam.com. Over Messenger the video was quite good for an integrated unit and the audio was clear and easy to understand. However, over Stickam, the video was a little pixelated and grainy - though this is to be expected for a unit like this.
If you are looking for a sexy white monitor with a good range of features you will find this unit very satisfying. Its only real problem is the uniformity issue which will defiantly annoy purists.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
- G-Sync HDR displays go ultrawide and ultra-fast with the 200Hz Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ
- Dell's luscious new 4K monitor is bold, bright, and HDR-infused
- Samsung's 49-inch mega-wide display may displace multi-monitor setups
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCSalesforce Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business ConsultantOther
- FTNetwork Security ConsultantOther
- FTWindows Rollout / Desktop Support AnalystOther
- FTChange and Business Deployment SpecialistOther
- FTSenior Project ManagerOther
- FTDelivery ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - InfrastructureVIC
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- FTNetwork Support Engineer x2Other
- CCSOC AnalystVIC
- FTSr SQL Developer/Data Migration SpecialistOther
- FTTechnology and Strategy Architecture ManagerQLD
- TPiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager - Audio VisualNSW
- FTCloud/Infrastructure SpecialistVIC
- CCMultiple Hadoop Developers Canberra, Brisbane, Melbourne or AdelaideACT
- TPSenior Project Manager - CRMQLD
- FTChange Lead- Timetable ReadinessOther
- FTSolutions ArchitectsOther
- FTData Governance and PMO Lead - DW/ BIOther
- TPBusiness Program Manager - Digital TransformationNSW
- CCNetwork Data AdminVIC
- TPSenior Full-Stack DeveloperSA