- Attractive design, Integrated web-cam, Widescreen, Good image quality
- Some uniformity issues, no USB ports
If you are looking for a sexy white monitor with a good range of features you will find this unit very satisfying
Price$ 599.00 (AUD)
The Viewsonic VX2255wmh is a 22in LCD monitor with a native resolution of 1680 x 1050. At first glance, the image seems similar to the VX2245wm ViewDock. However, as far as image quality is concerned, upon closer inspection we found a handful of problems. With an "Apple Mac" white aesthetic, integrated web-cam and swivel base, it certainly has a lot going for it. However, there are also negative factors that may cause some users to look elsewhere.
We tested the image quality by running the monitor under regular usage conditions, using a variety of tasks such as gaming and office applications. In addition, we also ran DisplayMate Video Edition tests to look for any shortcomings at a fundamental level.
Our gaming tests consisted of World of Warcraft and Doom 3. The environments in both games were rendered well and the colours were accurately reproduced. Some slight calibration was required to achieve an optimal result, as the brightness level was a little too high, but this was the only tweaking required. Black levels were excellent, image clarity and detail were superb and we found no noise at all.
Our motion tests showed very little blur and no ghosting. The quoted speed of this unit is 5ms and from our visual appraisals, this appears to be an accurate figure. We were also quite happy with the horizontal viewing angle, as we experienced no colour shift until about 170 degrees. In DisplayMate Video Edition we found a concerning shortcoming. There were some uniformity problems in the outer edges and corners of the screen. This made the edges of the display looking darker than the rest of the panel. However, this was the only real problem we found. The colour tests were all rendered well and there was no noise or discolouration in the grayscale tests. The streaking tests came back negative and the resolution tests showed no signed of banding or pixilation.
The VX2255wmh accepts both DVI and VGA signals and can switch between inputs with the touch of a button. The integrated speakers are fairly mediocre in audio quality and will only handle very basic use. If you are a gamer, it's probably best to get an exterior set of speaker if you use this monitor.
Finally, we tested the integrated webcam and microphone by instigating video chats in Windows Live Messenger and joining a video chat room on Stickam.com. Over Messenger the video was quite good for an integrated unit and the audio was clear and easy to understand. However, over Stickam, the video was a little pixelated and grainy - though this is to be expected for a unit like this.
If you are looking for a sexy white monitor with a good range of features you will find this unit very satisfying. Its only real problem is the uniformity issue which will defiantly annoy purists.
Join the newsletter!
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Apple iPhone X
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
cloudandco Smart Cane
Toys for Boys
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Bose SoundLink Micro
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Xbox One X
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- BenQ Celebrates Modern Sleekness with Newest Monitors for Home and Office
- AOC Unveils AG322QCX AGON Gaming Display Bolstered for Battle
- Samsung announces Australian availability for its 49-inch CHG90 QLED Monitor
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- The Best Australian Black Friday Tech Deals That Aren't On Amazon
- Wolfenstein The New Colossus Review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTCloud Architect - AWS, Azure, ADOther
- CCMiddleware AdminstratorNSW
- FTBlockchain DeveloperOther
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerOther
- CCSenior Salesforce Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTIT Project Coordinator | Gold CoastQLD
- FTService Desk Analyst/Telecommunications Service AnalystOther
- FTAutomation TesterOther
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTAPI Integration Technical Lead -$1150 per dayOther
- TPWeb DeveloperACT
- FTCloud Security Architect / Consultant - Perm - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSecurity Analyst - Operational SupportOther
- FTIT Service Delivery Manager - Workplace Technology (O365 & SP)Other
- CCLevel 1 Service deskNSW
- CCProduct ManagerNSW
- FTHadoop DeveloperQLD
- TPProject ManagerACT
- CCDeployment ManagerVIC
- TPPHP DeveloperVIC
- FTMurex DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Test AnalystACT
- FTInfrastructure Solutions Architect - Converged InfrastructureOther
- CCJunior to Mid Level - Java/ J2EE DeveloperNSW