ViewSonic VX2250wm LED monitor
ViewSonic's VX2250wm LED monitor is inexpensive but lacks HDMI connectivity.
- Attractive design, good image quality, intuitive on-screen display, decent value
- No HDMI port, limited stand adjustability, poor vertical viewing angles
For everyday tasks the ViewSonic VX2250wm LED monitor provides good image quality at a fairly low cost.
Price$ 299.00 (AUD)
A 22in LED display that is claimed to "save on your energy bill," the ViewSonic VX2250 LCD monitor has a relatively low price tag. A Full HD resolution, its LED backlighting and decent image quality are impressive, but the lack of an HDMI input may be a deal breaker.
Like LED TVs, one of the major benefits of LED-backlit monitors is a thin design, and the ViewSonic VX2250wm is no exception. Although not as slim as the super-thin Samsung P2370HD, the ViewSonic VX2250wm is definitely a space saver.
Despite the ViewSonic VX2250wm's low price tag it has a reasonably attractive design with a sleek, glossy black bezel highlighted by an attractive, clear plastic edge that borders the bottom. A bright blue LED lights up when the monitor is on, switching to orange when the VX2250wm is in standby mode. The small, glossy black base matches VX2250wm's aesthetics. Like most budget monitors, the stand is limited — it tilts back and forward but isn't height adjustable and doesn't swivel or rotate.
The ViewSonic VX2250wm's screen has a matte finish, so reflections aren't an issue. Unfortunately, the glossy bezel can be distracting under fluorescent office lighting, and it also attracts plenty of fingerprints. This is most evident when using the on-screen display, activated via four touch-sensitive controls on the bottom right of the bezel. The controls are fairly responsive but sometimes require an extra tap to activate and the lack of any light means they can be problematic to adjust if you aren't in a bright room. On a positive note, adjusting key picture settings such as colour temperature, brightness and contrast is easy thanks to the menu's intuitive layout.
The ViewSonic VX2250wm has a 22in screen with a 1920x1080, Full HD resolution. Its 1000:1 static contrast ratio is on par with most other LED monitors on the market including the BenQ V2420H and the Samsung SyncMaster XL2370, as is the 5ms response time. The budget positioning of the ViewSonic VX2250wm LED monitor means HDMI connectivity is left out; DVI and VGA connectors handle regular PC input and an audio-in port allows use of the built-in speakers, which produce reasonable sound.
The overall performance of the ViewSonic VX2250wm LED monitor is impressive given its price. We were left particularly impressed with its black levels and surprisingly good viewing angles (especially horizontally). There was no evident backlight bleeding and text was crisp and clear. On the downside, most whites tended to look on the grey side, and the monitor has a particularly poor vertical viewing angle, especially when viewing from a slightly below the monitor.
The ViewSonic VX2250wm could be an ideal option for businesses looking to skimp on power bills. The VX2250WM used an average of 15 Watts of power during everyday productivity tasks, and 20W of power when playing a graphically intensive game during our testing.
ViewSonic states that its LED monitors "are totally clean and green as they should be". The monitors are mercury-free and "compliant with international standards like RoHS, TCO 5.0 and Energy Star 5.0".
Become a fan of PC World Australia on Facebook
Follow PC World Australia on Twitter: @PCWorldAu
Stay up to date with the latest news, reviews and features. Sign up to PC World’s newsletters
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung announces Australian availability for its 49-inch CHG90 QLED Monitor
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
- G-Sync HDR displays go ultrawide and ultra-fast with the 200Hz Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ
- Dell's luscious new 4K monitor is bold, bright, and HDR-infused
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- iPhone 8
- Canon 6D MK II: Full, in-depth review
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPKnowledge AnalystVIC
- FTLevel 3 Desktop EngineerOther
- CCMicrosoft Systems EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - Agile / DigitalOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCProject Manager x 2QLD
- TPPHP DeveloperWA
- FTTechnical Specialist - IP Networks / TelcoOther
- CCJunior / Mid level Hogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneNSW
- FTIT Project SchedulerOther
- TPIT Business AnalystNSW
- CCSharepoint DeveloperWA
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCJunior Test AnalystACT
- FTPayments Business AnalystVIC
- CCNetwork Engineer - Cleveland BasedQLD
- FTProject Manager - SAP PPMOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystACT
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Telecommunications & ITSA
- CCJunior and Senior SQL DeveloperACT
- CCAgile Business Analyst - BrisbaneNSW
- FTDeveloper- Xamarin, ASP.Net, Ajax, Java Script, MVC , AndroidOther
- CCJunior-Mid level .Net/Front-End DeveloperQLD