- Outstanding image detail, high quality performance
- Slightly limited viewing angle, poor colour transition
Only the most demanding and professional users will be able to fault the VP730b. Its image quality and performance recommend it as one of the best LCD Monitors we’ve reviewed.
Price$ 529.00 (AUD)
The VP730b 17" LCD monitor is a member of the ViewSonic 'Pro Series', the company's high end range marketed specifically to professional users.While we found the VP730b to be less than perfect, it is still an outstanding LCD monitor that delivers incredible performance across a huge range of applications.
In our opinion, image quality is exceptional on the this monitor and the quality remains exceptional across the entire 17 inches of the display. Images and text remain sharp and well defined from the centre to all four corners, and during our tests we were unable to detect any noticeable differences in luminance or image detail towards the extremities of the screen. Colours were rich and vibrant, and maintained a strong consistency across the entire display. Various hues appeared deep and well defined; each one visibly independent and separate.
Despite a relatively low contrast ratio (500:1), the monitor produced a very respectable range of blacks when fully configured. Only the darkest blacks were indistinguishable from a pure black background, and through careful calibration of the contrast and brightness settings, we were able to achieve an impressively detailed range of greys.
Even with this impressive image quality, however, the VP730b is let down slightly by its performance. While its 8ms response time handled grey-to-grey transitions incredibly well, we were a little disappointed with noticeable distortions when cycling through colours. Apart from this minor detraction, the Viewsonic performed incredibly well in our tests, with little to no ghosting, even in fast moving action packed movies. Although ViewSonic claims a 140 degree viewing angle, we did notice colour shift at about ninety degrees, and by 140, colours were clearly distorted.
ViewSonic's Pro Series design is one of the VP730b's most impressive features. A solid black stand supports the screen, which is able to be raised, lowered, and rotated to suit the viewer's needs. The display itself can also be turned 90 degrees, allowing users to view their work in portrait format, as well as landscape. The on screen display (OSD) provides a suitable range of options, including colour temperature, contrast/brightness, and image selection. Two D-SUB ports and a single DVI connector make up the connection options; more than enough for most serious users, but serious professionals may be a little disappointed by the lack of an extra DVI or USB connector.
Nevertheless, the ViewSonic VP730b is an outstanding monitor by any standards. High end users may find it slightly lacking in one or two specific areas, but for regular users, ViewSonic's VP730b represents an exceptional visual experience, offering outstanding performance in nearly every area. Its combination of professional design and standout functionality make it a highly recommended display for those who can afford it.
Join the newsletter!
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Apple iPhone X
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
cloudandco Smart Cane
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Toys for Boys
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Bose SoundLink Micro
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Xbox One X
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- AOC Unveils AG322QCX AGON Gaming Display Bolstered for Battle
- Samsung announces Australian availability for its 49-inch CHG90 QLED Monitor
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
- G-Sync HDR displays go ultrawide and ultra-fast with the 200Hz Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review: A port worthy of PC gaming's mightiest rigs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Application SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystsACT
- FTRiggers / Telecommunication RiggersOther
- FTInfrastructure Migration EngineerOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - TableauOther
- FTSenior Network EngineerOther
- TPIT Technical WriterNSW
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Client TechnologiesOther
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTChange Manager, SAPConnect TransformationOther
- FTCyber Security Program ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - HealthQLD
- FTDigital Transformation Architect - TelcoVIC
- FTSolution Architect - CloudOther
- FTInsights AnalystOther
- FTFull Stack Developer - ASP.NETVIC
- TPIntegration Developer. Cloud SolutionsNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst - L1Other
- CCDeployment ManagerVIC
- TPProject Manager - Records ManagementVIC
- FTScrum MasterOther
- FTTest AnalystOther
- FTScrum MasterOther
- FTUnix/Linux EngineersOther