- Excellent ergonomic adjustments, 4ms response time
- Text not crisp
The VP720b is a fairly good monitor for displaying graphics but is let down when reading text.
Price$ 599.00 (AUD)
ViewSonic's VP720b is well suited for an office, offering various ergonomic adjustments and the option of wall mounting. Its image quality, however, was a mixed bag.
The VP720b performed better in our graphics tests than it did in our text tests. We noted the display's impressive rendering of fine colors in our test color scale and our photo of a fruit tart. But in a Microsoft Word document, we found that the VP720b seemed inconsistent - letters lacked crispness, though icons looked sharp.
A solid-footed monitor is always a plus in our book, and the VP720b delivers in spades in that regard. It can tilt, swivel, height-adjust, and pivot with the best of them, while the steady base keeping the screen firmly in place.
The VP720b claims a 4-millisecond response time. Screens with lower response times should in theory deliver smoother movement with less motion artifacting, but our real-world motion tests detected no discernable difference in motion quality between this display and products with 8ms or even 12ms response times.
You access a fairly straightforward set of screen adjustments via the display's front-mounted buttons. Software drivers and documentation are included on a CD. The monitor's manual installs itself on your PC as an Adobe Acrobat file.
The VP720b shines when displaying graphics, and a wealth of adjustments add to its appeal.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 2 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 4 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 5 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
Latest News Articles
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
- G-Sync HDR displays go ultrawide and ultra-fast with the 200Hz Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ
- Dell's luscious new 4K monitor is bold, bright, and HDR-infused
- Samsung's 49-inch mega-wide display may displace multi-monitor setups
- More high-end GPUs are now compatible with Dell's 8K monitor
PCW Evaluation Team
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
- Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- GAMOSPHERE: Your August Roundup of Gaming News
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTJava Front End DeveloperOther
- FTMicrosoft CRM DevelopersACT
- TPRe-released - ICT Procurement Planner and Contract SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Wintel Server EngineerOther
- CCTest EngineerACT
- FTService Desk analystOther
- FTCustomer Solutions RepresentativeOther
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTSystems Engineer & Architect - SCOMOther
- TPSenior Change ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Customer Experience ( CX ) AnalystOther
- CCIT Change CoordinatorNSW
- FTDesktop Support OfficerSA
- TPTest LeadQLD
- TPNetwork Design & Implementation EngineerQLD
- CCEnterprise Change ManagerVIC
- FTService Desk Consultant/Customer Service SpecialistOther
- CCSuccess Factors Report WriterQLD
- CCApplications Support/ DevOps EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Consultant TechnicalNSW
- CCProject Manager - Network Engineering & TelcoVIC
- FTUser Acceptance Test LeadACT
- FTInfrastructure Business AnalystACT
- FTSourcing Project ManagerOther