- Highly adjustable, advanced options
- Poor motion quality
The screen quality makes the VP171b one of ViewSonic's less impressive performers.
Price$ 880.00 (AUD)
With physical adjustments including tilt, height, and swivel, ViewSonic's VP171b is comfortable to work with. Along with a pivoting screen--handy for scrutinizing full pages of letter-size text documents--the VP171b comes with Perfect Portrait, ViewSonic's version of Portrait Displays' PivotPro screen rotation software. Thanks to a thin bezel, the VP171b also works neatly in a dual-monitor setup.
In our display quality tests, the VP171b didn't stand out, producing results that were typical of a mid-range LCD monitor. We had trouble reading a line of soft grey type on our Microsoft Word test screen, and noted a pink screen cast, which may have contributed to the display's so-so graphics performance.
Despite ViewSonic's claims of an 8-millisecond response time--the fastest available--the VP171b only produced average results on our motion tests. It didn't look any better than many 17" monitors with slower vendor-specified response times (up to 25ms).
The menus are easy to navigate and full of advanced options; we wish, though, that ViewSonic would make bigger, easier-to-read screen adjustment buttons.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
- G-Sync HDR displays go ultrawide and ultra-fast with the 200Hz Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ
- Dell's luscious new 4K monitor is bold, bright, and HDR-infused
- Samsung's 49-inch mega-wide display may displace multi-monitor setups
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- First Look: Nikon D850
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTSenior Integration Developer - Cloud focusOther
- TPCyber Security Business AnalystACT
- FTUI Developer / Front-End DevloperQLD
- CCLevel 2-3 Desktop SupportWA
- CCService Management SpecialistNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperACT
- FTDatabase AnalystOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTOracle DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Asset Management AnalystOther
- FTInfrastructure/ Hybrid Cloud Architect - Government OrganisationVIC
- CCBusiness / Systems AnalystNSW
- FTAEM DeveloperOther
- FTNetwork Infrastructure Development EngineerNSW
- CCTransformation/ Organisational Change ManagerNSW
- FTSecurity ConsultantOther
- FTLevel 3 Application Support EngineerQLD
- FTDigital Business AnalystACT
- FTRelease Manager- IT SAP ERP/EAM environmentsOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst (Loyalty Program)Other
- TPAgile Business AnalystVIC
- FTIntegration Manager - (Oracle Fusion Middle ware)ACT
- CCAWS DevOps Engineer - BrisbaneQLD
- FTCRM DeveloperACT