- Good picture quality, low price
- Some sound distortion
The good picture quality and great price would help you overlook limited speakers and the absence of preset modes.
Price$ 3,999.00 (AUD)
At 17kg, ViewSonic's N3000w is a very light 30" LCD TV, and at $3999, it is relatively inexpensive. But it's no lightweight at delivering good picture quality, delivering top-shelf results during colour and DVD quality tests. The usual rear audio/video ports are supplemented by easy-to-access composite video, RCA audio out, and mini-stereo headphone ports on the right side. A pair of two-way stereo speakers (10 watts each) provides virtual surround sound. They did well at medium volume levels in the small simulated living room we use for testing, but we heard some distortion after upping the volume for a televised jazz festival. The on-screen menu is easy to navigate, but you have to move it to a corner of the screen to see the effects of adjustments. There are no preset audio or video modes, and picture format options are limited to wide-screen and standard. You can't save individual settings for each input. Though the N3000w's quick-start guide and other documentation are serviceable, they lack an index. The remote has dedicated buttons for each input (a plus), but unlike the remotes on most other TV sets, it can't be used to control other equipment.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's squashing of malicious Tizen smart TV bugs is turning messy
- Report says Samsung's Tizen OS on smart TVs is a virtual playground for hackers
- Hisense displays successors to amazing Series 7 ULED - Series 8 and 9
- Sony shows off its new OLED and LCD TVs, video projector, and Bluetooth speakers
- Sony’s Bravia XBR-A1E OLED could be the first flat-screen TV with sound that doesn’t suck
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ring Video Doorbell review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTPractice Director Project Management – Adelaide Delivery CentreSA
- FTICT Procurement and Contracting SpecialistOther
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskOther
- TPSolution Architect - RISQLD
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - Data AnalyticsOther
- CCSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Cerner Applications SpecialistOther
- FTSenior Microsoft SQL Designer/ArchitectOther
- FTOracle Identity Management Solution ArchitectOther
- FTManager - Program Management Office (PMO)Other
- CCIT Helpdesk Support OfficerVIC
- CCApplication Architect - CloudVIC
- FTIT PMO OfficerOther
- FTService Centre ManagerQLD
- TPSenior Change ManagerACT
- FTProject Manager or Coordinator - Retail Store ProjectsOther
- FTJava Developer - Networking ExperienceOther
- CCBMC Remedy Business AnalystVIC
- FTProject Officer - Records Management , contract administrationOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - MAXIMO Asset ManagementOther
- FTRelocate to Perth for Software Engineering RolesSA
- TPEnterprise Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTBI BA Consultant l Microstrategy, Business ObjectsNSW
- FTSenior Solution Designer, Investment PlatformNSW