Viewmaster Portiva 5z70
- Good features and performance
- Nothing noteworthy
A great value multimedia machine, the 5z70 provides a DVD writer, wireless networking and graphics grunt at a competitive price.
Price$ 2,499.00 (AUD)
The powerful 5z70 may use the now older, original Centrino platform, but that doesn't stop it being good value for money. The Portiva is originally manufactured by ASUStek in Taiwan (as the Z7000 series) and then rebadged by Hallmark.
Hallmark has done well to choose this model, as it has solid battery life at a fairly minimal weight. The 1.6GHz Intel Pentium M processor is matched with 512MB DDR SDRAM, a 40GB hard disk (with under-chassis shock protection) and a modular multiformat DVD writer.
The 15.4" display is powered by an ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 graphics controller, and achieved very high ratings in our 3D graphics tests.
You're provided with a VGA-out for an external monitor as well as an S-Video TV-out port. Networking is catered for through the inclusion of 802.11b/g wireless networking, Gigabit Ethernet and a 56Kbps modem.
You can also play back CDs without having to boot into Windows (playback controls are on the left), as well as read SecureDigital, Memory Stick/PRO and MultiMediaCards--great if you're a fan of MP3 players or digital cameras.
Hallmark backs up its product with a two-year, next business day, parts and labour warranty.
Join the newsletter!
Why virtualise your NAS environment?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 4 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo recalls ThinkPad notebooks after overheating hazard
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By ASUS
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By Dell
- macOS High Sierra ‘root’ security issue allows admin access to your Mac—but there's a fix
- Acer attempts to woo Australian gamers with reveal of its new Predator range
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- MWC 2018: Everything You Need To Know
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTAPI Developer | Full stackOther
- FTProject Manager - DatawarehouseACT
- CCDelivery Manager - Cloud Solution ProjectNSW
- FTProject Manager, Construction UpgradesNSW
- FTInternal Recruiter - TelecommunicationsOther
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTDesktop Support AnalystOther
- FTWebmethods DeveloperOther
- CCMultiple Java Developer roles!VIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTHelp desk Support AnalystOther
- FTSolution Designer/Architect - Java IntegrationOther
- TPProject Manager - ServiceNowNSW
- CCSenior ERP Project Manager QLD
- CCTransformation Technical ArchitectWA
- FTTechnical Quality Analyst (Payments, data, application integration)VIC
- FTSystem Administrator/ Level 3 SupportQLD
- FTSenior Android DeveloperOther
- TPPrincipal Project ManagerQLD
- CCMultiple Java Developer roles!NSW
- FTCommunications & Change AnalystOther
- FTSenior Developer - API: C# .Net Developer | FinTech | APIOther
- FTMurex DeveloperVIC
- FTSolutions ArchitectOther