V-Moda Vibe DUO
Noise isolation in style
- Style and design, in-line microphone and call button, fabric-wrapped cable, different sized ear buds, included case
- No foam buds included
For anyone with an iPhone, the Vibe DUO headphones are certainly a viable option. Given their price, the sound produced should impress most people.
Price$ 159.95 (AUD)
A smash hit for the Apple Store in the US when released for the original iPhone, V-Moda's Vibe headphones quickly gained popularity thanks to their stylish design and a headphone jack purpose-built to fit the iPhone's recessed slot. Although the [[prodid:5821] has a regular headphone jack, the Vibe DUO headphones are still a great choice thanks to a built-in microphone to handle voice calls.
The Vibe DUO headphones certainly look the part and they are one of the most stylish pairs we've reviewed. They're available in a range of colours; our review unit was "nero" — black and chrome metal finished with a fabric wrapped cable featuring a shirt clip and an all-metal headphone jack connector. They are also available in combinations of red/black and chrome/black.
As these are noise-isolating headphones, V-Moda has included three different sized rubber fittings to create the best seal possible in your ear and ensure maximum comfort. In addition, they have included two different colours (black and clear). There aren't any foam fittings included in the sales package, which may disappoint those who prefer them over rubber ones. However, you can purchase specific V-Moda foam fittings online should you wish.
The fact that they are in-ear headphones means they offer the benefit of noise cancellation. With the right fit, the DUOs succeed in blocking out a large amount of background noise, so they are perfect for a train or car trip. Be warned though, these aren't the ideal headphones to be using when walking down the street, as you won't be able to hear traffic.
To handle voice calls, there is an in-line microphone and a call-handling button, which allows you to answer and reject incoming calls. When a call comes in, the music dims and your ring tone plays through the headphones. A simple press of the button answers the call. The button can also be used to control music playback — simply press the button once to play or pause the current track, or twice to skip to the next track.
V-Moda says it uses 'V-Masque' — a technology which it says offers 'high-definition clarity' and a 3-D soundstage. While we wouldn't go that far in describing the clarity of these headphones, the sound produced is fairly notable given the asking price. In particular, we were impressed with bass levels, which are certainly evident but not overpowering. Clarity is solid, and detail, particularly in complex riffs, is fairly notable though not outstanding. We were able to hear the individual elements of particular instruments when listening to various tunes, though some sound was lost on more complex pieces. Overall, the sound produced won't impress audiophiles, but most people should be pleased.
A key point to note is that despite turning up the volume to levels higher than you should normally be listening at, there was no evidence of distortion and the sound doesn't become painful.
Join the newsletter!
cloudandco Smart Cane
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Apple iPhone X
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Toys for Boys
Bose SoundLink Micro
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Xbox One X
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Belkin Introduces USB-C 3.1 Express Dock HD
- Porsche Design Huawei Mate 10 Will Come To Australia
- Boost Mobile Doubles Data Offering With New Summer Plans
- BlackBerry KEYone Black Launches in Australia
- HTC U11 Plus latest rumours: Release date, price and specs
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- The Best Australian Black Friday Tech Deals That Aren't On Amazon
- Wolfenstein The New Colossus Review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCDelivery Lead - Process Transformation (Six Sigma) - Telco in Pennant HIllsNSW
- CCIntegration AnalystVIC
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- CCDevelopment Lead - Java - TelcoVIC
- FTMultiple SOC Analyst RolesOther
- FTJava Software Engineers wanted (Melbourne CBD location)VIC
- FTTest ManagerACT
- CCMid - Level SAP Test Analyst (Brisbane)NSW
- FTGraduate C# DeveloperNSW
- FTDisaster Recovery Technical Business AnalystOther
- FTSenior Project Controls Officer / CoordinatorOther
- FTMultiple DevOps EngineersNSW
- FTInformation Security AnalystNSW
- FTChange ManagerSA
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTField Services TechnicianACT
- FTHead of Engineering - FrontendNSW
- FTFinancial AdministratorOther
- FTServiceNow Solution SpecialistOther
- FTSystem AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst ManagerNSW
- FTAxiomSL Technical ConsultantOther
- CCVMware EngineerNSW
- CCCloud Orchestration and Automation SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Project CoordinatorOther