V-Moda Vibe DUO
Noise isolation in style
- Style and design, in-line microphone and call button, fabric-wrapped cable, different sized ear buds, included case
- No foam buds included
For anyone with an iPhone, the Vibe DUO headphones are certainly a viable option. Given their price, the sound produced should impress most people.
Price$ 159.95 (AUD)
A smash hit for the Apple Store in the US when released for the original iPhone, V-Moda's Vibe headphones quickly gained popularity thanks to their stylish design and a headphone jack purpose-built to fit the iPhone's recessed slot. Although the [[prodid:5821] has a regular headphone jack, the Vibe DUO headphones are still a great choice thanks to a built-in microphone to handle voice calls.
The Vibe DUO headphones certainly look the part and they are one of the most stylish pairs we've reviewed. They're available in a range of colours; our review unit was "nero" — black and chrome metal finished with a fabric wrapped cable featuring a shirt clip and an all-metal headphone jack connector. They are also available in combinations of red/black and chrome/black.
As these are noise-isolating headphones, V-Moda has included three different sized rubber fittings to create the best seal possible in your ear and ensure maximum comfort. In addition, they have included two different colours (black and clear). There aren't any foam fittings included in the sales package, which may disappoint those who prefer them over rubber ones. However, you can purchase specific V-Moda foam fittings online should you wish.
The fact that they are in-ear headphones means they offer the benefit of noise cancellation. With the right fit, the DUOs succeed in blocking out a large amount of background noise, so they are perfect for a train or car trip. Be warned though, these aren't the ideal headphones to be using when walking down the street, as you won't be able to hear traffic.
To handle voice calls, there is an in-line microphone and a call-handling button, which allows you to answer and reject incoming calls. When a call comes in, the music dims and your ring tone plays through the headphones. A simple press of the button answers the call. The button can also be used to control music playback — simply press the button once to play or pause the current track, or twice to skip to the next track.
V-Moda says it uses 'V-Masque' — a technology which it says offers 'high-definition clarity' and a 3-D soundstage. While we wouldn't go that far in describing the clarity of these headphones, the sound produced is fairly notable given the asking price. In particular, we were impressed with bass levels, which are certainly evident but not overpowering. Clarity is solid, and detail, particularly in complex riffs, is fairly notable though not outstanding. We were able to hear the individual elements of particular instruments when listening to various tunes, though some sound was lost on more complex pieces. Overall, the sound produced won't impress audiophiles, but most people should be pleased.
A key point to note is that despite turning up the volume to levels higher than you should normally be listening at, there was no evidence of distortion and the sound doesn't become painful.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Panasonic launches new Windows powered Toughpad
- Oppo release limited Barcelona FC version of R11 flagship
- 3SIXT Reveals iPhone X Offering
- ALDI Mobile Ups Stakes in the Telco Industry
- Tech21 Unveils New Phone Protection for Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- First Look: Nikon D850
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCSIAM Governance ManagerNSW
- CCSenior SQL DeveloperNSW
- FTsharepoint developerOther
- FTSystem AdministratorOther
- CCSAP Functional LeadNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- TP.Net ArchitectQLD
- FTMulesoft Integration DeveloperOther
- CCTRIM Support OfficerWA
- FTSenior Unica DeveloperOther
- FTSoftware DeveloperACT
- FTERP ConsultantQLD
- TPSolution Architect - AzureNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTApplication Service Delivery ManagerNSW
- CCMultiple Xamarin DevelopersVIC
- FTHelpdesk Support Officer (Lv1/Lv2)SA
- FTTechnical Manager- Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering backgrndOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst & Project ManagerOther
- FTTechnical Lead - PHP DeveloperQLD
- FTDigital Marketing ExecutiveOther
- CCProgram ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerQLD