V-Moda Vibe DUO
Noise isolation in style
- Style and design, in-line microphone and call button, fabric-wrapped cable, different sized ear buds, included case
- No foam buds included
For anyone with an iPhone, the Vibe DUO headphones are certainly a viable option. Given their price, the sound produced should impress most people.
Price$ 159.95 (AUD)
A smash hit for the Apple Store in the US when released for the original iPhone, V-Moda's Vibe headphones quickly gained popularity thanks to their stylish design and a headphone jack purpose-built to fit the iPhone's recessed slot. Although the [[prodid:5821] has a regular headphone jack, the Vibe DUO headphones are still a great choice thanks to a built-in microphone to handle voice calls.
The Vibe DUO headphones certainly look the part and they are one of the most stylish pairs we've reviewed. They're available in a range of colours; our review unit was "nero" — black and chrome metal finished with a fabric wrapped cable featuring a shirt clip and an all-metal headphone jack connector. They are also available in combinations of red/black and chrome/black.
As these are noise-isolating headphones, V-Moda has included three different sized rubber fittings to create the best seal possible in your ear and ensure maximum comfort. In addition, they have included two different colours (black and clear). There aren't any foam fittings included in the sales package, which may disappoint those who prefer them over rubber ones. However, you can purchase specific V-Moda foam fittings online should you wish.
The fact that they are in-ear headphones means they offer the benefit of noise cancellation. With the right fit, the DUOs succeed in blocking out a large amount of background noise, so they are perfect for a train or car trip. Be warned though, these aren't the ideal headphones to be using when walking down the street, as you won't be able to hear traffic.
To handle voice calls, there is an in-line microphone and a call-handling button, which allows you to answer and reject incoming calls. When a call comes in, the music dims and your ring tone plays through the headphones. A simple press of the button answers the call. The button can also be used to control music playback — simply press the button once to play or pause the current track, or twice to skip to the next track.
V-Moda says it uses 'V-Masque' — a technology which it says offers 'high-definition clarity' and a 3-D soundstage. While we wouldn't go that far in describing the clarity of these headphones, the sound produced is fairly notable given the asking price. In particular, we were impressed with bass levels, which are certainly evident but not overpowering. Clarity is solid, and detail, particularly in complex riffs, is fairly notable though not outstanding. We were able to hear the individual elements of particular instruments when listening to various tunes, though some sound was lost on more complex pieces. Overall, the sound produced won't impress audiophiles, but most people should be pleased.
A key point to note is that despite turning up the volume to levels higher than you should normally be listening at, there was no evidence of distortion and the sound doesn't become painful.
Join the newsletter!
Roam freely in the digital world. Critically acclaimed performance and security at your fingertips.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Unveils First Car To Be Driven By AI-Powered Smartphone
- OPPO Launches Free Screen Repairs for Latest Devices
- Samsung Partners With Commonwealth Bank
- HMD slash price on flagship Nokia 8 ahead of MWC
- Motorola bring Android Oreo to X4
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Which 2018 Smart Speaker Should I Buy
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBusiness Process BAOther
- CCTeam / Process / Project Coordinator ? Telco ? 6 mth contract - Nth SydNSW
- FTMid-Level Drupal Developer (Brisbane Location)NSW
- FTJava Developer - AWS MicroservicesOther
- FTSoftware Media Applications SpecialistOther
- CCBusiness Intelligence Analyst ProgrammerQLD
- FTSalesforce ArchitectNSW
- FTDigital Content ProducerOther
- FTWFM Support Analyst (Kronos)Other
- CCDevops EngineerQLD
- CCNetwork Test EngineerVIC
- FTSAP Test AnalystsOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTSnr MS SQL Developer- Australian only- security clearanceOther
- TPSoftware Asset Management Program ManagerNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect (Software/API background)QLD
- CCData Migration LeadACT
- CCProject Manager - Utilities SectorVIC
- CCJava Full stack developer - Telco domainVIC
- FT2 X Graduate roles - Exciting opportunityQLD
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCXamarin DeveloperVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Business Process Solutions - MelbourneVIC
- FTAutomation Developer - RPAQLD